Flappy Bird Clones getting out of hand

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm glad this trend is finally over. There was a time when it was all anyone ever talked about and pictures of different clones were always being shared as well as any other related content plus the stores were flooded with clones.

2. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I am so sick of it too. I played the Ice Cream Jump version of it and it is fun, but there is only so many times that you can play the same game, but with different graphics.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, it was to be expected since Flappy Bird was so successful. Look at how many Angry Birds, Temple Run and Subway Surfers copies are there. They're really bad as well.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It really is a it too simple for its own good and I don't think there's much to be added to it that can make it fresh again unlike many other simple games like angry birds or candy crush where you could add elements to make it your own instead of just making it the same game so a different skin.

5. peelout247

peelout247 Member

I don't blame you for feeling that way but at least the markets are trying combat clones by insisting creators add something unique to their games. Otherwise they wouldn't qualify to make it to the market at all. But at the end of the day as good as smartphone gaming is there isn't much one can do creatively with venue. I mean its nothing like the endless potential console gaming possesses.

So the question is when will the new flappy bird 2.0 appear on the next generation smart phone with 3D technology that's like Jarvis from Iron Man.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Member

On the year 2013, yes, Flappy Bird clones are getting out of hand but on these days I don't see any more games that are like Flappy birds.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Yep, this is certainly not the first time it has happened, though, and it will certainly not be the last. After a while I think that you just become numb to them, and after playing one of them you have played them all, in a sense of course. They do not even really try to hide the fact that they are copying the game, which might tell you something.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

This game Flappy Birds was a simple but addicting kind of game-and that was really why it was a success. They took it down because it was addictive after a very little time-and after they took it down, people were selling their iphones with the downloaded game on it on ebay I heard. I guess you can still find a copy of it though on the internet-and I think the same guy put out a game called ,Flappy Birds Family as well not to long ago?

9. overcast

overcast Member

I think this happens with almost every gaming out there. You can see that some of the games made of similar to the clash of clans. And it can be really painful in such case. And so for that reason it's worth thinking that it is just another fad.

10. maestro

maestro Member

Can't really blame them, if you see an opportunity to make money youshould most definitely go for it.

11. fishbate

fishbate Member

Well i think its not really bad, i don't play any of the game you mentioned but i think its a good way to keep the game free. Unlike before that people buy because basically its the first of its kind.

12. overcast

overcast Member

Considering the trend and the amount of hype that we have seen. It's reasonable and every game developer wants to make money. So it's not that bad if you ask me. Things happen most of the time due to chasing money.

13. Athanas

Athanas Member

Funny. No one wants to see it completely gone.

14. Lissiel

Lissiel New Member

What do you expect to people? When they found something interesting or a hit, they will immediately clone it to earn money. People are really losing their concept of originality and copy what others had. Especially when the time that Flappy Bird was removed from the apps store and Play store. Many people are addicted to it until unfortunately it was removed. But people are happy to have this clones. Lol. I just think that we can't avoid these things to happen. That's why to the app maker and developer out there, you have to be careful on your works or other people will copy it and release it before you do.

15. overcast

overcast Member

Lot of game studios are also making use of such games for the demo. So it's kind of getting out of hand with same old designs and the stuff. It's not easy to play and also gets boring if you ask me.

16. maestro

maestro Member

Everyone is jumping on new trends to make that dollar. Although, I feel like they tend to overdo stuff leading to things getting out of hand.