First GTA Title Played?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by Berthfield, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Berthfield

Berthfield New Member

Personally I started off playing Vice City, got the game on my PS2 back in the day and I have been following up on the series ever since. My favorite so far would have to be GTA San Andreas, I have a slightly customized version on my laptop at the moment. Sadly my PS3 got the YLOD a few days before I actually received my GTA IV disc and so I have not been able to play that or V as yet.

What was the first GTA title you played, and which has been your favorite so far?

2. CelTek

CelTek Member

I used to play the original GTA back in the nineties! My dad and I used to play it together, his favourite things were mowing down the Harre Chrishnas (why aren't they in any subsequent games btw?) or making a blockade in the road and using rocket launchers.

So far I think San Andreas is my favourite, followed by Vice City. And then every other version before 4. I haven't played 5 yet unfortunately.

3. mareebaybay

mareebaybay New Member

My first Grand Theft Auto was Vice City as well. I wish I could go back in time and play that game over again. It was one of the best moments I had growing up. It is as if I can remember playing that game so vividly. I would love to get a chance to play it again.

4. Nub_Cannon

Nub_Cannon New Member

My first GTA was San Andreas, I remember thinking how huge the game was ahaha

5. CelTek

CelTek Member

Vice City has been released on Android, probably iphone too, you can relive the magic on your tablet or phone :) I bought it and use my PS3 controller with my Nexus 7. Not perfect, but it's well worth it.

6. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

The first one I played was Vice City I liked it so much after fully beating the game I went out and bought GTA 3 which I didn't enjoy quite as much as Vice City, but was still a great game!

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

GTA San Andreas will always remain my favorite game, but the first one I ever played was GTA Vice City. hen cam San Andreas. It was one of the best games for sure.

8. CelTek

CelTek Member

I think 5 could easily become my favourite. I hear so many good things about it, but I'm so annoyed that I haven't gotten to play it yet!

Apparently the character customisation is pretty good in GTA 5 :)

9. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

GTA San Andreas. Though I finished Vice City first. Took a break from SA mid way to finish the latter. I still think Vice City is the better game even if it can't touch SA in terms of graphics.

10. sidd230

sidd230 Member

GTA III. It was revolutionary. An open 3D world was only a dream before. This game was on of the biggest things in the history of gaming.

11. Berthfield

Berthfield New Member

I have never actually played or even seen the original GTA, I am so envious. What console(s) was that released on?

BTW, is there a particular reason GTAIV ranks so low on your list?

12. davidexct

davidexct Member

My first GTA title was San Andreas, Vice City came before San Andreas but then also my first GTA title was San Andreas and from that day when I firstly played San Andreas, I became a big fan of it.

13. Chaos

Chaos Member

The first GTA game that I played was Vice City. Vice City was innovative in every way, and even today I remember the map, cars and characters. What a great game for it's time, everybody should play a few missions, I guarantee that you will enjoy it.

14. CelTek

CelTek Member

I don't know if consoles existed very much back then, it may have been on the original Playstation, but I played it on the PC. It's available on Steam - but not on its own, I think you need to buy a collection or have it bundled in with something else. Not sure.

GTA4 ranks low on my list because again, I played it on the PC. My PC is not a beast, but it can run most games very well. Not GTA4, it's terribly slow. I also dislike the handling of the cars, the weather, and the general dreary tone. I think they've addressed the last three of those points, I'm just hoping that they put a bit more work into the PC port of GTA 5!

15. Racer X

Racer X Member

The first GTA game I ever played was Vice City. I played it on a friend's PS2. He had already finished the game so I was basically just running around causing as much havoc as possible. But being that I had come up on largely family friendly Nintendo games, GTA was a huge shift in tone for me. I loved it though, it was wild and imaginative. Mostly just wild though, haha

I was curious too, seeing as I'd never played or even seen the original GTA, so I looked it up. And yeah, it was initially released for the first Playstation, Windows, MS-DOS and Game Boy Color. Man I couldn't imagine playing GTA on a handheld lol

Here's the cover and 2 gameplay images:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Berthfield

Berthfield New Member

I am hoping that my laptop will be able to manage IV, on the lowest possible graphic settings at least. If you don't mind me asking what are the specs of the computer on which you played it first? I think my computer surpasses the minimum requirements of the game but that's about all it does.

17. CelTek

CelTek Member

The specs I cannot run GTA4 on are:

4gb ram
    4 x 3ghz processor
    1 gb GPU etc
    128 mb SSD

Honestly, GTA4 for PC is really badly done. It can't be run well on a PC, I'd like anybody to prove otherwise.

18. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

The original GTA. Most of you may not believe it but it was really outstanding back then. So much freedom, so much to explore.

19. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

Indeed, it was the first Free-World game I had played, and even though the graphics were abysmal it was outstanding for its time in terms of gameplay.

20. Ashwin Rangarajan

Ashwin Rangarajan New Member

The first GTA game I played was Vice city, it was quite a cool game for its times. I still remember the first time when I hit a person on the road and after his/her death their money was floating in the air and we can grab it. It was so much fun! :D