Female protagonist?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by Norjak71, May 8, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

Rockstar has never denied the rumors that they are planning on adding a female protagonist to the GTA VI story-line, and the rumors just keep flowing. Am I the only one that is completely dreading this? I am in no means a sexist against woman type of person, but I can't buy one as the lead in a semi-gangster/crime franchise unless they really put something amazing out there.

Perhaps they are planning on another three character setup like GTA V with one of the leads being female, but just having a solo female lead? I really wonder what Rockstars play is on this one. They have a chance, coming off the wildly successful GTA V, to hit an absolute grand slam here, I really hope they don't blow it.

As we saw with GTA IV (personal opinion) the main character can really make or break the game, and in that case, it broke it. I really hope they know what they're doing, and who am I too judge, but I'm just not feeling this at all. Thoughts?

2. JusApee

JusApee New Member

Well, Rockstar always came up with something new for every new game they created. I personally don't think that they could make any major improvement to GTA V's graphics, so I think that yes, they would actually use a female protagonist, because that would really bring something new to the games.

3. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I don't mind, but people would always complain about anything that will happen to that character. She gets beaten up? Issue. She beats people up? Issue. She lures men for a mission? Issue. Men luring women for a mission? Not an issue. I honestly think it's more harm and work than good, as people will be people, especially on the internet, and they will always complain about anything just so they can have the spotlight to themselves.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

It wouldn't surprise me if rocketed added a female lead character into the game, but I think there will be a choice to play either male or female.

I'd imagine that most gamers who play the GTA franchise are male, and I'm not sure they'd want to play a lead female character unless there was a choice, and maybe two different games with different missions to play.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I don't have a problem with it. There are plenty of gangster women out there lol. I don't see it as an issue at all. I'll play the game no matter what.

6. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I think a female gangster can be quite believable if written well. Granted, it would be a difficult project for them, but I can see Rockstar making it work.

7. HiJacky

HiJacky New Member

Bingo. Somebody is always going to complain about something.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the OP (or anyone) "dreads" the idea of a female protagonist, but I still am. The idea opens up a lot of avenues (no pun intended) that haven't been explored before -- and doesn't the enjoyment of all gaming depend a lot on what's never been tried before?

Well, maybe that's just my view of gaming. It puzzles me that the idea of a female protagonist bugs some guys so much that it would ruin the game for them.

If you (the general "you") can play as, say, an alien, what's the big deal about playing as a female?

8. sidney

sidney Member

If the female protagonist was bad ass like Avril Lavigne during her "Complicated" days, then it would probably be received well. If she would have tattoos and piercings and have an intimidating demeanor, then all the more better.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I wouldn't actually mind a female protagonist as long as they make her a complete badass that dominates the streets of Los Santos. That'd be pretty cool!

10. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

That would be an interesting concept and an idea that many people might be able to get into.