Favourite game for GBA?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by Qamra, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Qamra

Qamra Member

I found my old GBA when I moved few months ago.
    It had Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance inserted and I spent next few hours playing instead of unpacking myself.
    It's a short game and pretty limited on GBA, but really fun and I replayed it hundreds of times.
    Do you have any GBA favourites?

2. ddrmario123

ddrmario123 New Member

My favorite GBA game was The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. I've always been a good fan of the Zelda series. This game was a big update from the Gameboy Color Zelda game I played. It had so many new features as well as new puzzles and weapons. I love the handheld Zelda games. There were also many side quests after finishing the main plot.

3. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

The Pokemon games. Anyone of them really.

4. orz

orz Member

I'm not sure if Mario Cart was released on the Nintendo Gameboy or Nintendo DS but that would definitely have to be up there. If not that either the Pokemon Firered and Leafgreen or Saphire and Ruby games would be my favourite.

5. erronousRogue

erronousRogue New Member

The re-released Gen 1 Pokémon games. Or the GBA version of A Link to the Past, which is still firmly one of my favourite Zelda title.

6. Oakster

Oakster Member

Definitely Final Fantasy Tactics for me, it's by far the one I've spent the most time on and still replay it every couple of years or so.
    It's a fantastic game with huge replayability.

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Pokemon Emerald. One of the best pokemon games of all time along with Pokemon Crystal.

8. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I liked that one Super Mario bros game. I can't remember what it was called though. You could pull out radishes from the ground and chuck them at these ghost things. I think it was Super Mario Bros 3.

9. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

Some Pokemon game, it's always a pokemon game, always...

10. Oakster

Oakster Member

I had no idea there was a Baldur's Gate game on the GBA, I think I'll have to check it out sometime.

11. gats

gats Member

I played the heck out of all the Pokemon games but Final Fantasy Tactics was my still my favourite.

12. Wick99

Wick99 Member

The Pokemon games. They are the greatest.

13. scottguy

scottguy New Member

I loved playing Sonic Advance on the Game Boy, but I never owned my own copy-- I always played my friend's. Aside from that, I remember really enjoying, as well, the Pokemon games from that era as well as the handheld version of F-Zero which I picked up used a few years ago for a couple bucks.

14. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

I believe my first game on it was Pokemon too. So yeah, the franchise has a special spot in my heart.

15. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I agree, with the Pokemon series, as the best game for the GBA. I loved playing these games on my GBA, and I even use to download a emulator on my computer to still play them.

16. ErzaShadowalker

ErzaShadowalker New Member

Woah, I have so many. I would have to go with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance being my favorite game, it had an amazing storyline, and the job classes were unique. The difficulty of the game made it challenging, I played it over five times after, because of the amazing character classes and abilities. It's a really unique game.

17. froggy666

froggy666 Member

Pokemon Blue was the best game ever made for the device. I have yet to play another game on the console that was amazing as Pokemon blue.

18. scottguy

scottguy New Member

Pokemon games were great too. I used to put on music and play Pokemon for afternoons on end-- one of very few of such expansive games that I didn't get really quickly frustrated with. :p

19. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I never had a GBA :( . My friend had one and he used to play Pokemon on it.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I only ever got to play GBA for a while when I borrowed my friend's unit, and the only game I ever got to play on it was Mario Kart, which I admit was very fun and I really got into playing it for hours.