Favorite and most hated power up?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by edthebig, Sep 27, 2014.

1. edthebig

edthebig Member

I love the three red shells and the thunder, and also the bullet. And I hate the damn blue shell that always gets me on first place.

2. joebel

joebel New Member

Love mushrooms. Speeding past an opponent is so satisfying and also on some areas you can take a shortcut by boosting through the slow terrain.

3. RamZor

RamZor Member

I love using mushrooms, I feel so fast and powerful. I don't really have a most hated power up, I just hate anything that hits me :p

4. Solar

Solar Member

I love the Bullet Bill because it gives a boost to those in the last places but the Blue Shell should've been removed from the game a long while ago, blech.

5. danachka

danachka New Member

I love the mushroom because it makes you like super fast. I hate the banana because well I don't really know how to use it and I always end up making myself slip.

6. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Yeah, if I had to pick a most hated I'd have to go with the blue shell, too. I could do away with altogether and be just as well, lol. I love the mushrooms though, noting like a little extra speed :).

7. vennybunny

vennybunny Member

A lot of people like getting the bullet, but I absolutely hate it. It just feels so condescending. It's like the game is saying "Oh, you're going really poorly! Let me help you out by taking your ability to steer"

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I love the blue shell when I'm using it, and hate it when it's being used on me. I also like the three red shells. Those come in handy. I don't really like the banana peels because I don't think they're that effective.

9. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I like the three red shells because they make me feel invincible on the track. I also like the bullet because I am able to get into first place very easily.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

That's kind of similar to what the All-Star moves in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing do. Only with that game, it feels more useful than the "slap in your face" you're talking about. The All-Star moves actually feel like you're being lent a hand after all of your effort.

11. vennybunny

vennybunny Member

I've never played that game before. Would you mind explaining the difference?

Also, should I pick it up? I'm looking for a new party game. :)

12. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Member

My most hated item in the game is probably the Blue Shell. It gives a certain element of RNG to the game, and I don't think that should be a part of the game. My favorite love/hate relationship is the red shell. I love to have one, but I hate to get hit by one.

13. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

I'm pretty sure every single player hates the Blue Shell, it's really not fun to get hit by one. I'm a huge fan of the banana peels though! Give me such satisfaction when somebody gets hit by a well-place banana peel.

14. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I have a love-hate relationship with the golden mushroom. The speed boost it gives is downright ridiculous, and allows for some crazy last minute wins. Needless to say it doesn't feel enjoyable if you lose to someone who was lucky enough to get one and speed past you.

The most annoying powerup is definitely the blue shell as most people have said, sometimes it feels impossible to avoid in time.

15. troutski

troutski Active Member

Like most people, I'd go with the red shells as my favorite. However, I'd pick the blue shell as least favorite because it's pretty annoying when you're good at the game.