Fave Mk to date

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by apalaze, Aug 15, 2014.

1. apalaze

apalaze New Member

What's your favorite Mario Kart to date? I really have fond memories of the first one back in the SNES days but for me my favorite has to be the N64 one. I played that game so much, I didn't even own it at first, I would go to the stores to play it! ha, good times. Anyway tell us what your favorite Mario Kart is and why!

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I'd have to go with the 64 version myself, mostly because of all the memories I have of playing it with friends!

3. Balaal

Balaal Member

I totally agree the 64 version was the most fun. Mostly because of nostalgia I think.

4. vennybunny

vennybunny Member

I loved double dash for the wii. Everything else just seems so similar. They all look the same to me. :))

5. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

For me I think that the Mario kart that I have enjoyed the most had to be the one on the 64 honestly I think that it was the most fun that I have ever played in a Mario game.

6. RamZor

RamZor Member

Probably 64 was the best for me, but I actually love all of them so its a tough decision to make.

7. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

I've got the best memories of the nintendo DS version. My friends and I used to bust out our DS's every break doing 8-man multiplayer races at school. Those were some very nice times and I don't think I will be getting that experience ever again

8. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Member

I think the Nintendo DS version is probably the best one. I remember constant tension with my friends when we all had 1 balloon left in balloon battle. Whenever someone would get out, the friends who were already out would either boo or cheer depending on who they rooted for. I'd have to say that was the most fun I had on the DS along with the Pokemon games.

9. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Yeah, it's a shame that handheld game consoles are seeing a major decline with smartphones being everywhere. I also enjoyed the DS version of Mario Kart the most, because I got to play with my friends in races where I actually knew everyone else, thanks to the 8 man connectivity feature.

It's really hard to coordinate such a race online in Mario Kart 8, so you're often playing with strangers instead. It's still fun, don't get me wrong, however you no longer get to taunt and laugh with each other over all the crazy stuff that happens during the race...

10. troutski

troutski Active Member

Mario Kart 64 is the classic Nintendo 64 game, and one of the best games that features Mario in existence. It might be old, but you really can't beat an oldie.

11. jaray87

jaray87 New Member

I'm old school. I like the SNES the best and not because I was a beast with Luigi. They should bring back some of theses old school NES/SNES games online, so that us old-schools can show you new-schoolers how we gamed back in the day without the need for special fx and surround sound or voice overs by famous actors.

12. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Mario Kart 7. I strongly prefer playing MK on the go, and this one just has the best combination of graphics, courses, and online features out of all the games.

13. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Mario Kart DS for me. I remember playing with 2 other friends with DS's game sharing system. I was the only one that owned the game and they could play with me! How awesome was that! I have many nice memories with that game and it's one of the few reasons I regret selling my DS.

14. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

I loved playing Mario Kart 7 on the DS, it was just so much fun to have it available on the go, I used to play all the time on my train ride to work.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Haven't played them all so I honestly have no point of comparison but I did enjoy the DS versions very much and I got addicted to that one since it was portable and I could play it pretty much anywhere, and I sure did play it almost everywhere.

16. jurew2

jurew2 Member

My favorite MK to this date would probably be 64, because this was the first MK game that I played and there are a lot of memories connected to this game. My friends and I played this game over and over again and we had a lot of fun with it. These were some good time, playing the game and relaxing on the couch.

17. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

Even though I hated the controls on the SNES version, I still like playing it. Though I have to say the first version on the Wii is my all time favorite. It was a lot more fun and easier to control.

18. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

Even though I loved the Ds one the most, I think the one that I played for the largest amount of time was definitely Mario Kart 64, I started playing at a friend's house, then when I bought an N64 I bought my own copy, and finally when I got a Wii I bought it on the Virtual Shop too, that had a great set of tracks, sadly not as much customization as we have nowadays though.

19. NathanG

NathanG New Member

Mine would have to be Mario Kart 7... but I've always liked the handheld versions more than the console ones. And the amazing graphics in MK7 just top it all off! I used to (and still do) play it all the time, usually on long car or bus rides with friends. :)

20. iuseluigi

iuseluigi New Member

I've liked all of them. The only one I have never played was for the DS. Double dash is unique and stands out from the rest but it's not my favorite. I really think that Mario Kart 8 is the best overall but that might be do to it being the newest. I really love that it's in HD now.