EFLC vs the original GTA IV

Discussion in 'GTA IV' started by razer, Jan 28, 2018.

1. razer

razer Member

Which do you prefer, the expansions or the original/main game ?

I prefer the expansions, since I didn't like the main game very much. TLAD was ok, it was clear that they focused on the better story rather than improving the gameplay much. I slightly prefer it to the main game overall.
    TBOGT was much better however, even if the story was a bit silly I appreciated the better mission variety, mission ratings, the added vehicles (APC) and weapons, and the music.
    Even with how short TBOGT is compared to the GTA IV, I think it's by far the better game.

2. walter12

walter12 Active Member

I prefer the expansions, the original game had way too many bugs

3. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Yeah the exapansions always tend to fix those minor issues that frustrate the heck out of me when playing the original. There is something to be said about going back to the original though.

4. razer

razer Member

TBOGT in particular managed to improve the mission variety, which made the game less repetitive. That was a major issue in the original GTA IV and, in fact I never completed the game because of it.

5. sidney

sidney Member

I've always preferred the original game over the expansions, since the expansions just embellished the game.