Doesn't quite work on phones

Discussion in 'GTA Chinatown Wars' started by Brem, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Chingling

Chingling New Member

I have never had a problem playing this game. I loved it and have never played it on a mobile console, only on my old iPod and iPad. Yes, the game is very battery draining, but that is the least of my concerns and is not a fault of the game itself. All in all, it is a very enjoyable game, no matter what you play it on.

2. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Yeah, I know what you mean, that's why I stopped getting any game that's more than point and click or just dragging on my phone. It's just so difficult to move and aim well in these types of games that it make the experience more frustrating than fun.

3. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

The controls are definitely pretty wonky and make it unplayable for me. I gave it a chance more than once and I simply just can't bare it. I guess phones just aren't meant for these types of games :(

4. Curtclicker

Curtclicker New Member

It feels just okay on my LG G2. The controls are definitely not the best, but it's manageable. As for performance wise, it runs pretty smooth and looks pretty decent on my 1080p display. I dunno about playing the full game through though, my hand kind of gets cramped haha. Time to pick it up on an emulator...

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It looks good on most of the phones that have at least 1gb of ram and probably a quad core 1.2ghz processor.
    The controls are really bad though, I don't enjoy them at all, it kills my hand.
    You should definitely play it on an emulator.

6. sidney

sidney Member

I almost expected some complains on playing GTA with a phone because it's really not that comfortable playing any game on a phone. Plus it strains your hands and arms a lot quicker than when playing on a pc. Plus the screen is small. So I also wouldn't be really keen on trying that one out.

7. joebel

joebel New Member

I played it on my MotoX and it works pretty good. Most games of this kind especially this one do drain battery relatively fast however.

8. jetliposting

jetliposting New Member

I don't like playing games on the phone...well, maybe if I'm really bored and I don't have a PC or console near by...so I didn't had big expectations from it. That being said, I must tell you, it's better than I was expecting. Rockstar always manage to make their games fun, regardless of the device they're designed for. Mind you, the controls are a little weird, but it's still playable.

9. soconfused

soconfused New Member

I barely ever game on my iPhone, and this definitely didn't change that. It was really hard to do so many things at once, i even had trouble walking at times lol. Definitely prefer bigger screen for better control.

10. Determined2014

Determined2014 New Member

Thought I was doing something wrong, I tried it onmy phone and it did not work at all.

11. TheViper

TheViper Member

The truth is I never liked most of the games that go from console to phone app. These types of game feel best when I am using a keyboard and mouse. That being said I will stick to my pc games and keep candy crush on my iPhone.

12. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I watched my friend play it on his iPhone. It looked alright, but he looked like he was struggling with the controls. Most games on phones aren't meant to be there anyways. They're only for short-period entertainment purposes, not for long hours of playing.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I have to agree, I think nearly every game I've played on a tablet or a phone I've been disappointed with. I don't know if that's because people play the game on a console or PC first and expect the same experience on the mobile version.

I'd even go as far as to say that companies could be accused of cashing in on a popular title by making a mobile version.

Surely they must know what games will work well or not before it gets released?

14. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

I absolutely agree. It was a disappointment because I don't think it's built for these platforms and we need to avoid supporting them :/ We don't want them to get the wrong idea that we actually like that. I think the games on the Tablets and Smartphones aren't the type of games that we would play on PC or PlayStation, it's just different and I don't like it when people attempt merging them.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I didn't really enjoy the gameplay on the phone. It is smooth but the joystick is really letting me down.
    They really need to improve the controls.

16. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

What do you mean by Joystick though? Do you mean the controls in the actual phone? If you mean that, then yes totally, but it just is too small to even play. I think it shouldn't be made at all on such touch screen devices, or even phone devices.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I don't think the popularity of the game on handheld and mobile devices will justify rockstar releasing the title in the future on this platform. GTA is that big now that I even doubt many devices like this are even capable of handling it anyway.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, that is what I was reffering to. The controls are unreliable and rather clunky.
    I didn't try to play it with a xbox/ps controller. Maybe it would work better.

19. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

It would work better, since a lot of people already do but in the end, PC owns them all.

20. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When you say PC owns them all, is it really THAT much better than all the other versions? I'm currently playing on the PS4 platform so how does it compare to that?