The Crew Do you wish that The Crew was a single player game?

Discussion in 'The Crew 3' started by wowtgp, Jun 16, 2014.

1. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

The other day I was so pissed cause i was trying to play destiny but couldnt cause the network was down. So all I could do with that game sit and stair at the title screen. Good thing I had a few game on the back log I just started playing Dust An Elysian Tail and the game is Amazing! Beautiful graphics with a very nice art style, and very fun throw back 2d sidescroll gameplay with a CRAZY attack system.

2. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

It does suck to require an internet connection to play a game you've paid for but in the case of this game, it was designed to be played with a "Crew" so the entire game is more or less based around playing online.. in that case its more or less whatever at that point. If it was something like Simcity, where they forced people to have a connection for a completely singleplayer game because they wanted to prevent piracy (when in fact the piracy of the game was the only way to play the damn thing for the first week), then its a bad practice. otherwise I don't have a problem with it.

3. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

I would say I wish it had an option to play offline so those with poor or no internet can enjoy the game.

4. SlickBlasianYouTube

SlickBlasianYouTube Member

It's designed to be an MMO. Look at Destiny right, I couldn't imagine that game as a single player only game. If it was, it would have to be a more Skyrim/Mass Effect experience. The Crew DEPENDS on multiplayer in my opinion.

5. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Games are not meant for poor people to play. If you are poor, you shouldn't be spending your money on buying a console or games anyway.

6. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

I was referring to poor internet not poor people :p

I wouldn't rule out an offline option just yet, there's a reasonable demand for it so never say never.

7. shreklock

shreklock Member

If they created a good storyline, why not? I think this game would benefit from the offline mode.

8. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

What? There won't be a single-player? Sometimes, I just want to play and drive alone, without being bothered. Why isn't there an offline mode? Why am I forced to play it online, why Ubisoft? Why are you doing this to me? I wanted to buy the game but now I am having second thoughts...I'll buy it anyway tho, probably.

9. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I think I would've liked it better if it was singleplayer with an online mode, as I don't really like this expanding idea of racing MMOs. Don't ask me why, I just think it's a bad idea, and a bad direction in which racing games should step.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

The only reason I haven't played it at home is that there's no offline mode. I've watched a friend play it but I don't buy games that require being online to play. It's a pity because it looks really cool.

11. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

It hasnt released yet though. I suppose you are talking about the beta tests hee. Did you get an invite for the beta?

12. troutski

troutski Active Member

Why would a racing MMO offer an offline, single player mode? That defeats the core purpose of the game in the first place.

13. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Sometimes, like a short campaign but the game focus on online. And I also hate the fact that in Destiny it requires an internet connection. My internet connection is not stable and slow from where I live.

14. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I don't mind the fact that it's a multiplayer game. I like the sense of community, even if you do run into the occasional rude person along the way. That said, I also wouldn't mind if it was a single player game.

15. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

Making the crew into a singleplayer game is like making WoW a singleplayer game. The Crew was designed around other people, and it would take massive amounts of work on the developer's parts to even make a short story mode DLC. All advertisements were aimed at joining your friends in an open world racing experience, not a singleplayer journey.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I know that feeling of having to settle for an alternative when you have your heart set on a particular game that day, but I guess it can be a blessing in disguise because as you've mentioned it allows us to discover more games.

17. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

So true its why ive taken the time to clear my entire back catalog over 25 games I have unopened on my shelf. So far I have finished 5 of them, three Platinum and the other 2 are very time consuming but Ill get around to it.

18. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

:p except you can solo all the content in wow except for major raid bosses and some high end instances, I mean you could technically call that a single player game.

19. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

The good old days of not having to worry about the online aspect of a game and being able to just pop it in and play. Sadly now because games revolve so deeply around online and multi-player aspects they break and stop working because of simple server errors or internet problems (or lack there of). I still like the fact that some games have that special loophole in between that fall into the grey area between the two.

20. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Yeah definitely agree, being a stricly singleplayer game isn't a problem at all but now they are so ridiculous with their DRM and wanting to sell people DLC or some sort of stat tracking, just makes it a pain in the ass.