Do you want a bigger or tighter map in GTA VI?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by troutski, Oct 18, 2014.

1. xHysteria

xHysteria New Member

I would rather for a much more larger map because it adds a whole new dimension of gameplay. (Perhaps the map should expand much more for exploration after the main storyline finishes).

2. alexandriadb

alexandriadb New Member

I would prefer a large map! A larger map is a better... more interesting, type of game play to me. I was expecting that in GTA V. Initially when I found out about GTA V, I thought that we would have free reign over 3 cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas like we had in San Andreas but to disappointment, that was not the case. As a gamer I really wanted that. :(
    I get that if you want very good graphics the space is limited and that makes it difficult for the map to be as big.
    Well I have a solution, maybe the game developers could bring back the multiple disks idea and make the game span out for two disks. That would solve the problem of space and we could have both good graphics and a bigger map.

3. megan888

megan888 New Member

I think that when online the tighter map would be better. Going through the desert on that larger scoped map takes forever!

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I would like a much bigger map for story mode. It would be nice if we were able to visit so many places.
    For online I'd like it to be tighter, so that you can play with players much easier.

5. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

Bigger for sure! It's just filling it with interesting things that would be the hard bit. I mean the mountains and stuff are great but a lot of it just looked the same and felt a bit more like a filler more than anything else :\

6. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I'd personally prefer a bigger map. It just gives a better game play experience. Plus, you won't get bored as easily since there will be a lot more to play around with.

7. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'd like to see an even more vertical map with more underground areas and more areas up high! That's what I decided recently. Give me more everywhere!

8. Briggs

Briggs New Member

I want a bigger map. The more space you have to discover the longer it'll take to get bored of it

9. Briggs

Briggs New Member

I'd prefer bigger. The bigger it is the more there is to discovered. It will take longer to get burned out on it

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Maybe a bigger map but also with more towns or cities on it aswell?

When driving outside the big city to get to other parts, there's not really a great deal happening so maybe this could be something to look at in the future?

The map is getting that big now that it's taking longer and longer to actually get to your destination. Sometimes it takes longer to get there than what it actually does to complete the mission.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm leaning towards wanting a bigger map because I just love roaming around and exploring different areas. It keeps the game interesting. For the distance issue they could add in a lot more random events so journeys don't become tedious. For instance they could have the odd car crash on the highways and for country roads they could add in shoot-outs or someone flagging you down who's attempting to mug you.

For the next map they could do something like two big cities - one in the North and the other in the South of the map area with the middle consisting of smaller country towns. East of the northern town they could add a swanky high class suburb on the water and to the East (or West) of the Southern town could be a desert wasteland with a military base slapped in there somewhere.

12. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

I don't care personally but like someone else said, it would be a problem if it was really small. I do think bigger could mean more variety of places and people kind of like that.

13. TheViper

TheViper Member

I think everyone would always go with the larger map. You can do the tighter map but GTA has been more open world and to restrict won't be good. The only time people would accept it is if it had a great story behind it.

14. Obi

Obi New Member

If they did a bigger map there would have to be more cities/towns in it. I can't imagine more mountains and stuff in the next game; while it's amazing to see such detail in the land compared to previous games there's no need to add more.

15. ridwan sameer

ridwan sameer New Member

Bigger definitely. And it should have an amazing world that absolutely hooks you on. Like the Witcher 3. Which is the only game that actually distracted me from the main story, instead of forcing myself to do side quests to get more time out of the game.

16. biggabeard

biggabeard New Member

I'm more interested in walking into more buildings and homes. I think the map in V was about perfect with map size. It was large and any larger would just be too frustrating. However, a map that size where I can walk into most of the buildings would be amazing.

17. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Thee is no doubt that GTA VI is going to make improvements, which is going to be by leaps and bounds. Knowing Rockstar, it will be about 2 to 3 years before they announce a new game. Here is hoping that GTA VI maps are bigger and denser than GTA V.

18. JusApee

JusApee New Member

As big as it may be and as detailed as it may be. That's how they should make the map. I'd love to see such a map that you actually have to use the airport in order to reach some destinations. Also, more interiors wouldn't be bad. I'd like to be able to get insides people's homes.

19. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I wouldn't mind a bigger map if it's as detailed as the one in GTAV. A large map with nothing to do will not make a better game.

20. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

I prefer a bigger map, It should seem like an actual city. I still remember, I used to get really bored in vice city.