Do you want a bigger or tighter map in GTA VI?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by troutski, Oct 18, 2014.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

When GTA VI is eventually announced and then released, what sized map would you like to see? Do you want a large map that has tons of different settings and areas? Or would you prefer something noticeably smaller but tighter with more details and interior areas? I have no particular preference, but I tend to lean toward larger maps.

2. SlickBlasianYT

SlickBlasianYT New Member

I hope we can get both. Once Rockstar and other developers learn to use the systems as best as they can get out of their games, we should be able to get plenty of interiors and more detailed areas.

3. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

I'm not too worried about the map, I find map size isn't an issue unless it's really tiny. For me what's more important are having highways and a wide variety of different roads to try with lots of different cars. I do want to see more building interaction though, I find it a bit disappointing that there's very few buildings at all that you can enter in GTA V so I hope they make a big change to that.

4. srofltank

srofltank New Member

I think that the map at this point is fine, and I'd much rather have Rockstar working on better details/AI encounters rather than making a bland, larger map for the next game. Would be great if they can do both, however.

5. ariana

ariana New Member

Bigger, I love being able to explore entire cities! When I visited LA this summer, I found myself recognizing parts from GTA. Imagine if they expanded on a larger city, or the entire country...

6. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I vote for bigger. I love exploring and just cruising around in my car. I remember when I first started playing the V I had tons of fun just going to unexplored parts. :D

7. Weedcloak

Weedcloak New Member

The map is already big but there is something missing? The other two cities from GTA San Andreas. The map is great, tightening it would make the game worse but expanding it, adding those other two cities would be awesome.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I like driving around a big map but I miss being able to enter certain buildings , like the fast food places with the funny employees. I guess I would want a good balance between map size and interiors.

9. troutski

troutski Active Member

If the next GTA game had a map as big as GTA V but fully fleshed out and dense with enterable buildings, then I might be able to die happy.

10. Jafool

Jafool New Member

I actually think the world in GTA V was quite sufficient. It's really big but not to the point it's causing any major issues. I think they should strive for a map somewhere along the size of GTA V for the next GTA as well. :)

11. Maxx Johnson

Maxx Johnson New Member

Maybe not necessarily bigger, but a map that FEELS bigger. Full of towns connected by vast forestry, or hills, farms, a lake maybe, even. I'd love to see more tightly packed things on the map, as GTA V's map is wide and open and full of empty space that could be filled in my a cool looking forest or two.

12. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I think that the map that they had in the game for GTA 5 was really good. The thing to me is I don't think that they need to have a bigger map because the map in the game right now is too big and I have not even seen all of the things that are on that map.

13. rknocks

rknocks New Member

How about both? Even slightly bigger and slightly more detailed would be better than just one or the other.

14. Glen

Glen New Member

From a gameplay point-of-view, I would definitely like a bigger map. GTA V's map was actually pretty awesome, so something just slightly bigger would be even more awesome! However, it's always better to have both big and small. Like previous GTA's there is the huge variety of neighborhoods and terrain, allowing for a different scenario for each firefight, race, or whatever. A bigger map would provide even more unique scenarios, with wide, open landscapes to cramped ghettos. It would be so amazing.

15. Jafool

Jafool New Member

Well I agree, of course. But the sacrifice is graphics and game size and everything, the map can't be too big or it'll cause problems. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. :)

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Having a big map with enterable buildings would be amazing and it's not impossible. The Elder Scrolls games have a lot of detail as well as a big map size.

17. Divbyxero

Divbyxero New Member

In this case, I think bigger is definitely better! While the world right now isn't puny in any respects, who doesn't love an open world? No one!
    Besides, a bigger map does not mean more problems, after all GTA VI will probably be on the next gen too!

18. Jafool

Jafool New Member

Depends on how much bigger, but generally if they tried to go alot bigger than now I don't think there'd be enough hardware power in the consoles. There's always possibilities for the PC but rockstar doesn't seem to give too much of a...

19. troutski

troutski Active Member

True. The consoles will stretch their limits unless the map is loaded in separate phases with a loading screen between those areas. That sounds terrible to me.

20. niiro17

niiro17 Member

The bigger the better. The map for GTA V is enough for it tho. But I want it to be detailed also like what the others said.