Do you think Vice City had a large enough map?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by Hedonologist, Jan 8, 2014.

1. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

While the map is not as big as any of the GTA game that came after that, it was really huge for it's time.

2. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I sometimes still get lost when I'm around Ocean Beach and Washington Beach.

3. tf182

tf182 New Member

The places were a little small in Vice City, however, I think that it was large enough for its time. I don't think that they could have made it any better than they did. I also remember the loading every time that you would go to a different location.

4. Rowe992

Rowe992 New Member

Well when compared with the later games you have to say no but I understand that gaming technology was not as developed back then and so the programmers had to take that into consideration when creating the game. I think the map is sufficient for the missions and the gameplay.

5. spittaAndretti

spittaAndretti New Member

Maybe small today, but for it's time I think it did its job properly. Two separate "islands" that perfectly capture that southern florida/cuban feel in the 80's. I feel that the map was great for its time, especially with the properties you could buy and missions you could do. (Especially dat zebra taxi, yum.)

6. Servace

Servace New Member

Back then it was very big in our eyes. If you compare to GTA V, then yes it is very small. It would be amazing if there will be a GTA where you can travel to every single place that has been a location of the GTA series.

7. rachael

rachael New Member

You need to remember how long ago it was made, they mightn't have had the resources to build a larger map, but I don't really think it matters too much, there is soo much to do, like my personal favourite, going to the golf course and killing the rich old people for their money.
    Compared to the newer games, yes, it is smaller, but it is also older, besides, I think the views make up for the lack of surface area.

8. moneyman

moneyman New Member

It was a big map for the game of that age but in my opinion it was still too small. However, there was always something to do.

9. niiro17

niiro17 Member

It's fairly big when this was launched. The game is old and SA and GTA V was launched at different time. I won't complain that the VC is small because for me, at that time, is a big map.

10. vennybunny

vennybunny Member

Vice city was the first open world I played. I was amazed as a kid.

Of course, it pales in comparison to the current games, but I don't think I've marveled at the scale of a game as hard since then.

Keep in mind, I was a kid, and I couldn't even remember half the places I saw in the game. It always felt new to me.