Do you think that GTA San Andreas is the best version

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by jahanzeb ali qureshi, Jun 1, 2017.

1. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

I love the GTA San Andreas and I think it is the best version of GTA. I like its story, locations, cars, bike and radio stations. Do you agree to this that it is the best version of GTA?

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I'm lousy when I have to choose some favorite (for any kind of subject), and with the versions of GTA it won't be any different. :D

However, GTA San Andreas is certainly a part of my list of favorite versions. That game is insanely good! :eek:

3. sidney

sidney Member

I'm not a huge fan of their rap radio channel, but being able to use a bike and swim in the game is a big improvement from the previous versions. I don't like the eating part too. I think GTA SA is alright in my opinion.

4. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

Personally, yes I think it is one of the best versions. Most likely because I was exposed to it more than the other GTA games growing up.

5. Itsame

Itsame New Member

While it is definitely not the most attractive version of the game, I do think San Andreas is the title which best realizes the world it's trying to portray. There is just so much to do beyond the missions! No modern Grand Theft Auto title has gotten that part right. While they are beautiful, they are largely just empty set pieces. And because of that, I have no incentive to explore them at all, knowing there's nothing to find. Even out in the wilderness there were strange little treats to discover in San Andreas.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2017
  6. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

That's a good point about living up the name a little better, at least it makes sense to me. In that sense I would like seeing a similar version with a new locale.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I've said many times across various posts on the forum that I think that GTA SA is the best of the GTA series, and I'm not sure that even a GTA 6 would change my opinion.

For me, GTA SA brings back memories of my youth and I think that for many people they will judge how good a game is to how well they remember it. Many people prefer GTA V, but that's basically because they have hardly played any of the others.

8. jakub1

jakub1 Member

GTA SA is without a doubt the best and most exciting game of the series.

9. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

Hell yeah! I enjoyed so much playing SA again and again! This for me was the best among the GTA series!

10. Haroon

Haroon New Member

I would like to say that every person has its own taste about any game.Many people prefer to better graphics and many other like new cars,paths and missions etc.I like to play GTA San Andreas because of its radio stations and amazing cars.

11. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I agree, radio stations in GTA SA were definitely the best and made it stand out.

12. overcast

overcast Member

I think it's one of the good GTA version released. I can't say if there was any other good released with that much variation. I like the environment, graphics and other things. You can see that audio and other stuff was good in the game. GTA San Andreas was good in many ways for games in this series.

13. razer

razer Member

I personally prefer Vice City for its 1980s vibe and the soundtrack. San Andreas is my second favorite game in the series, however.

14. Shine_Spirit

It's a good / nice option (It's very well developed) but I think GTA: SA still can be better at the end of the day. :)

15. razer

razer Member

Of course. The game is bigger in every way. I'm just a big sucker for anything 80s ( though 90s were a good decade too) , that's why I love Vice City.
    As for San Andreas, I think that game has one serious flaw ; the graphics. They were very ugly at the time of release already, immersion ruining, and the PC port didn't look much better at all.

16. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I also prefer some of the other ones to SA but that is not to take anything away from it at all. It is just a personal preference thing with the gameplay and visuals.

17. Shine_Spirit

Well... I also think the graphics might be a bit better on GTA: SA, but nothing that will let me down. GTA: SA will always be one of my favorites, haha.

18. jakub1

jakub1 Member

GTA SA is the backbone of GTA, nothing will top it.

19. razer

razer Member

In comparison to Vice City ? yes. However, GTA SA came out 4 years later I think, and looked primitive compared to many other games at the time. I think fault lies with the engine they used, it was ugly as sh** and other games that were using it didn't look good either.

20. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix Member

Before I played GTA V, San Andreas was the best version of GTA for me. However, anyone who has played GTA V on PS4 will agree that nothing beats it. It is definitely harder than San Andreas and the plot is better. I still respect and play San Andreas but GTA V took its place at the top of the series.