Do you think racing games will die out in the near future?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by FuZyOn, Jul 30, 2015.

1. dsrg_92

dsrg_92 New Member

Personally speaking, racing games will never go out of style. If anything, it has become such a multicultural genre throughout time in regards to video games. At the same time, it is pretty easy to sort of relate to real life issues. You have people out there that still make references to Mario Kart 64. Racing has always been my favorite genre when it comes to video games.

2. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

No racing games will always be popular and will never die out. I am not sure why you would think that the racing games industry would die out?

3. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

No, it's like saying cars will cease to exist and when they do, racing games won't come out either so yeah it's not going to happen unless something horrible gets to happen but yeah I do not think it will happen anytime soon my man.

Cheers.

4. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

There will always be demand for racing games. As you talk about, there are various ways to get a game made. Mobile apps will always be able to get developed for a relatively small cost.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I think it's because most of the popular games are first person shooters, multiplayer role games, and sports game. Racing games have kind of taken a backseat lately. I think you are right though. There will always be a demand for racing games.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

To be completely honest I kind of found the question a bit odd as well but I guess any genre has a potential of losing its fanbase or people might just grow tired of it but you're right, considering that racing itself has been around forever I think it's an indication that the video game version will have a similar longevity.

7. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I believe the reason not too many people play racing games anymore is probably because there are too many game genres these days and more people are into mobile gaming. And as racing games aren't that great on a small screen there'll always be fewer mobile gamers playing racing games but that doesn't mean racing games will die out in future. VR is here. It will change everything.

8. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

Racing games have the same chance of dying out as most other genres; it would either take a really long time (like video games dying out completely) or some miracle. It would have to be huge, like if all the big-name companies just spontaneously shut down. Of course, that would never happen. When we're talking about situations that are actually probably, racing games are here to stay for a while. The thrill never dies, and each game brings something new to the table. They won't die out anytime soon.

9. Potausen

Potausen Member

There's no way this genre will die, ever. Right now it's even quite the opposite if you look on places like Steam. And with the advancement of VR, it can only get better.