Need for Speed Rivals Do You Think NFS Games Should Be Annualized?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by Denis Hard, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Does this pressure developers to make a game simply because a new game has to be released each year?

Earlier in the year when EA's Peter Moore was interviewed he said he wasn't sure a New NFS title would be such a great idea. The game sales of the new games will determine that.

What do you think? In favor of annual release of NFS games or only when they have some really good ideas to make a great game?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I wouldn't say yes to annual releases, you can't really improve an engine radically in a year. I'd love to see them take a couple of years working out glitches and bringing out the best NFS game possible. It's not that hard, they just need to take the time needed.

3. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I doubt that they'll be making a new NFS game in 2016. It wouldn't be that bad since it will give them time to actually create a game that would breath life back into the Franchise. It might be that they {EA] give the fans what they want — a new game each year.

4. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I think the series was pretty much annualized for a brief while (with ProStreet, Most Wanted and Carbon following in really quick succession). I think that it contributed to the series burning out and running out of fresh ideas though. It's good that they took a break and looked things over, their recent games (Hot Pursuit and Rivals) have been much better.

If you take a look at annualized games like Call of Duty and FIFA, you'll find that gamers commonly hate on them for what they perceive as a lack of innovation, and lots of rehashed content.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be a good move. I think they would be better off if they took their time it's each release and if keeping the game fresh becomes a problem then there's always DLC.

6. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Last year they said they were going to offer free DLC. It's like they want to test the waters first to see the reception they get. Maybe the free DLC will persuade more people to buy NFS games.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I think that I can see the point that some of the users have made about the reputation that annualized games tend to get. People view them as not up to date as much as others because they are just bound to come out with a new one, so there is a real lack of innovation or drive to innovate.

8. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Apparently EA won't be releasing a new NFS title this year so it does appear that we won't be getting a new game each year. Maybe the next game will be much better than the reboot released last year?

9. Arvis

Arvis Member

There's no need to release a Need for Speed title every year. There are so many of them already. They should focus on quality not quantity.

10. roley

roley Member

Yes! I agree with you Arvis because they shouldn't look to release their game every game but they should look after their quality and graphics because they are not making their quality good and I looked on their site and I came to know that many other buyers have sent them message about that the game is not working properly and the graphics is also not good.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I think these days especially, they are much better off just focusing on one game for a long time since they could just continually keep improving and updating the game via DLC.

12. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

No, I think a game should be released when the developers think it's already perfect and there's nothing more to add to make it better and fun. So the time, depends, when it's ready, it's ready.

13. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I really don't think any franchise should be annualized if you want quality games. Every anual game I know of is basically just a rehash of the one released in a previous year. There's not enough time, in my opinion, to come up with better features if you release your games so soon. Ubisoft probably saw the light and that's why they postponed their Assassin's Creed anual release.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I don't think so. They should make more effort with newer sequels, and release them every couple of years or so. Games who release their product every year tend to be very incomplete, and would need major updates and DLCs to make it playable. Let this franchise rest up and get their heads together to make a truly great sequel. Not just throw stuff to a wall and see what sticks. That's how games get ruined, by rushing sequels just for the money, and charging their loyal fans even more money to fix it up with DLCs, updates, and microtransactions.

15. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

EA doesn't want to change. Rumors have it that we'll be having a new NFS title this year. Might . . .

http://www.pcgamesn.com/need-for-speed-rivals/ea-are-plotting-a-new-need-for-speed-release-for-2016
    Since the fans don't mind getting a new game each year, the company will continue their yearly release of NFS games.

16. razer

razer Member

Releasing games annually is bad for any franchise, as it simply stops progress. Developers don't have the time to enhance the game in any way, and simply keep releasing the same games in different skins. This has killed many franchises already.
    So my answer is definite NO.