Do you think MXGP2 is better then MXGP

Discussion in 'MXGP' started by SirJoe, Jun 30, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

MXGP was launched a short time ago in 2014 to be exact, do you think that this newer version has brought the same feel that MXGP had?
    I personally do find it similar but I am still trying to find how much it differs.

2. hades_leae

hades_leae New Member

Truthfully, there are not many changes that can occur, the tracks yes, player customization's, and things that you can customize like bikes, that stuff changes, but the game play is pretty much the same.

I only notice a difference in the graphics, they could be better. A game like this with no open world, or just not that vast of a map should have the best graphics, especially for a big screen.

3. qag

qag Member

Honestly, I think it would be hard to argue that the first game was better than the second one. MXGP2 is so similar to MXGP but it has more content, is more polished and has better graphics than it's predecessor, it's better in almost every conceivable way.

4. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

"Better" is subjective IMHO. There are some who will like the old game better while most will like the new game more. But taking into account the improvements and new features I would say MXGP2 is far much better than MXGP.

5. justrace

justrace Member

New things are always better but I am having a confusion. I cannot decide it correctly. The second part is better If I draw the conclusion by thinking. The second part has few more features and the developer improved the graphics of this game.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

The games are pretty similar but MXGP2 took things to the next level in terms of graphics and gameplay. I think it's the obvious choice here, the new tracks are really good as well.

7. likeandba

likeandba Member

I would agree with your FuzyOn. The new tracks are really impressive. The content creators did an excellent job with the game. It's quite similar to the first one but it is better than the first. I think many people would say the same thing.

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I think your right, there hasn't been enough time since the last game was launched for there to be a completely different game style. The graphics are a bit different but it still feels pretty much like the same game.

9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

It is better, but I still don't like it. I just dislike it less then the original. I played a total of 30 minutes on the first one and 5 on the second. I'm not interested.

hades_leae likes this.
  10. ProNine

ProNine New Member

I might be a bit biased because I'm in general a fan of older games, however, this is one of the games in which I need more of. That's why I got this one. However, the older game will remain my favorite simply for the pure feeling of nostalgia.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

The new one is slightly better although I'd say at its core it is mostly still very much the same. It's just gotten better in a few places but I wouldn't say there was many drastic changes.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When comparing the two games side by side, I do think that the new game is slightly better than the older game but there genuinely isn't enough new content to make people want to buy the new game when they can no get the older one for such a low price.

13. Krovvy

Krovvy New Member

I would probably say no if only because it lacks significant changes. When playing sequels, I need an incentive to play the game. Non-racing example - Borderlands 2 made a ton of necessary changes after the original, but the Pre-Sequel was virtually the same game. I know people could say "if it ain't broke don't fix it," but in the case of MXGP, there were plenty of ways to fix it. The controls are still slightly off, the game is just as buggy as the original, and the online is still hit or miss. MXGP2 is still a fun game, but it never strives to be anything more than just a necessity.

14. Sosi

Sosi Member

MXGP 2 have amazing gameplay it is better than in first

15. NormaD

NormaD Member

Personally, I've just been introduced to this game pretty recently, so I don't really know if it's better than it's predecessor, but I can safely say that with each new version of a game there are usually some really great improvements that come with it, although there might be some people who preferred it just the way it was. So I guess it's all subjective.

16. Miss Take

Miss Take New Member

Of course MXGP2 is better. What on earth would make you ask that question? It has improved graphics and gameplay and new tracks. What's not to like?

17. likeandba

likeandba Member

Sometimes, I feel like mxgp2 is better than the original one but sometimes I feel the other way. It's a good game with decent rating and I think that is the reason why it's famous.

18. likeandba

likeandba Member

Yeah, that is right. The second game will not give you the same feeling as the first one but it is actually a good game. It's a good game in the series and it's better than first part.

19. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

Lets hope there is a third in the line up, even though MXGP2 was launched a short time ago the concept is good and it still has potential to grow. I'm sure there are a few ideas they had left out of this game that they can implement in the next game.

20. Dowls

Dowls New Member

Graphically it's better and the physics have improved slightly, all you need to look at is your rider in the air on both games and compare it to see that MXGP 2 is slightly better in that department. I've been reading reviews lately and I must say they are very split.