Do you still play this game?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by rightct, Apr 14, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct New Member

I am very addicted to this game. Neither GTA IV, nor GTA V, manage to make me this attached to them. It's probably about the story that San Andreas offered me to back when I was 7, and these two now don't even remotely make up for 20% of what I played in 2005, if I remember right. :)
    However, I don't play it offline anymore, but online, through SA-MP, and I must say that it never gets old.
    What about you? Do you still play this game?

2. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I don't really play it that much anymore. After I finished the game, I sort of left it. I mean, from time to time, I still come back to play it for fun. But for the most part I spend my time playing something else.

3. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I used to play it frequently on my PS2 before, but in time I got tired of it. I used to spend an entire day playing GTA:SA, sometimes playing it 24/7, but I wasted too much of my time. After completing the game, I will have to restart anew, and the same thing goes over and over like a vicious circle.

4. rightct

rightct New Member

Old games just seem to be better from all points of view, probably expect graphics, of course. But the latter is something that I consider the least. I don't play it that much anymore, but from times to times, yes.

5. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

Haha, I don't. I stopped a long time ago because the graphics just got old, also I discovered a lot of bugs from the times I actually played it, and GTA IV or V totally killed it. I did like it back then, but not anymore. How can you actually continue playing that when you have something like GTA IV or GTA V. But I guess multiplayer on San Andreas wouldn't hurt.

6. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I enjoy playing the game,even though graphic wise it is old but still has some good sight seeing areas and the missions are well done although some could have been done better. I like how you can fight the ballas gang and also how, you can eat differnt sort of foods as well and do gym training and make your guy strong looking which is nice. I still play this game now and again as it is sad to see Big smoke and Ryder betray your character which hurt Cj in the end and was sad he had to kill Big smoke.

7. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I always go back to previous GTA games and give them a full playthrough because they are so good. I played through San Andreas for the fourth time last year. This year I'm halfway through a Vice City playthrough, so we'll see how that goes.

8. rightct

rightct New Member

I knew that something was fishy about Big Smoke the very first time I saw him. His persona was specially portrayed to betray, and you could see subtle hints about his ulterior betrayal in many missions which involved him.
    I agree, graphics wise is not that good, probably not at all compared to what we delight ourselves with today. But it's still good.

9. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Well, not anymore. I want to play but I don't have time to replay because there are many new games that I haven't played yet. Sometime in the future, I'll probably play this game.

10. Corten

Corten Member

From time to time, yes. Still one of my favourite games of all time. I remember the first time I tried to get all the gang territories, then you know after you get "deported" you lose all of your territory. When I realized that I face palmed for an extended amount of time.

11. sidney

sidney Member

The last time that I played GTA: SA was way back in 2013 until the pc got reformatted. I tried to install it again in Windows 7, but it failed. Come to think of it, I might play this game again once I get hold of the installer for it.

1 person likes this.
  12. CemeteryGates23

CemeteryGates23 New Member

I started it about a year ago with my wife, but we play it for a week, then not again for a months, then another week, and so on... It's been like 5 months now. Should play it sometime soon.

13. rightct

rightct New Member

I have Windows 8, and this game works just fine. No compatibility issues found with it. I can however find some whilst playing, like arbitrary stuttering, but it's very minor.

14. sidney

sidney Member

I have trouble controlling CJ in the pc, but controlling how Tommy walks was quite smooth to me. Have you noticed this in Windows 8? Stuttering definitely is quite new to me, I can imagine the graphics being choppy as well because of it?

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While this game is now looking pretty dated compared to the newer games, I'd still like to see a next gen version of it. The game and storyline are simply THAT good...

16. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

When I get the chance I still play all of my GTA games.

17. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 New Member

Well, I used to, but I usually just run around the city and kill people — never actually finishing the game.

18. rightct

rightct New Member

Yes, that's right, but like I said... it's very minor and only if you pay attention you will notice it.
    Trouble controlling CJ? How so? Could you give more details?

19. sidney

sidney Member

I was playing GTA: SA on Windows Vista that time and CJ seems to go to another direction when I tried to make him go the other way, and it also suddenly turns to top view if I'm not mistaken. I think it's because they added new features?

20. rightct

rightct New Member

Hmm, it might be PC-related. I don't think that the features influence that much whatsoever. I really don't know what to conclude to your problem because on Windows 8 it works just fine, and we're talking Windows Vista here, which should be more compatible with San Andreas.

21. sidney

sidney Member

Ok, I guess I'm just nitpicking here? Because in GTA: Vice City you don't have a top view yet while you are walking, right?