Do You Still Play Old GTA Games?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Wubwub, Nov 4, 2013.

1. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

San Andreas had a great location and atmosphere its a shame the system couldnt handle them packing in more content into the map so that some of the areas didnt feel so empty and lifeless.

2. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

What ever they do I have enough confidence in Rockstar to know that it will be another amazing game. They have never let me down.

3. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker Member

My first gta game was gta 4 then I got gta 5. After I beat both of them I got gta san andreas for pc. San andreas is still a pretty fun game and is still relevant in today's standards in terms of the story. Honestly I thought I was going to get disappointed since it is a decade old but it surprised me.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I agree wholeheartedly. Rockstar makes quality games that you feel invested in, when you play them. Rockstar cares about their games and their fans. They put forth the best of their efforts in making the best game possible at that time.

5. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

I just finished watching the First person view trailer for GTA V and its a completely new experience. They managed to find a way to get me so excited to want to play the same game again by just simply changing the games perspective. Quality Over Quantity! Activision, EA, Ubisoft and all the others should take page from Rockstar and NaughtyDog. They need to stop annualizing everything and take extra time to work on and build the games they are pushing out.

6. troutski

troutski Active Member

I played the first two GTA games on PC just the other day for some classic, old school fun. I go back and lay Vice City on a regular basis, and the same goes for San Andreas.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Oh, I agree very much with that statement. If they put forth as much effort as Rockstar or Naughty Dog (Naughty Dog has really made some great games.), the quality of the games would be much better. Rockstar takes a bit long sometimes to release their game, but the wait is so worth it.

8. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

Ive done all I can to help spread the word to try and get people to stop buying into everything sold to them and to only support companies that care about the quality of the product they sell and the customers they are selling it too. But unfortunately im not famous or popular enough to make this sort of thing go viral.

9. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

It's a little tough for me to play those old GTA games now long term. I can sit through it maybe an half our tops. But because of all the full 3D versions now, all those overhead nintendo style looking ones don't really cut it for me anymore

10. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

Oh yea the over head top down GTA games are really hard to go back too. The controls feel so dated and for lack of better word bad.

11. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

I went to dig up my old copy of GTA3 but I couldn't find it! I've got a strong urge to play Vice and SA.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

True, but the thing is, people are loyal to the series that they like, even when they have a couple of duds. Even I am guilty of that. You want to hold on, in hopes that the companies will get their act together and make a better installment ext time. The issue with THAT is, the next game could also go in a negative direction as well. So, the problem that arises for the loyal fans, is whether to hold on and continue to wait for a better installment or just give up and move on.

13. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Not anymore. The games I had were on my old PS2 which is already dead. But I might buy it during Winter sale because I missed the sale last week.

14. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

GTA are all classics, believe it or not the old GTV 2 is still cool, but GTA 3 is when the shift of graphics and the look changed. I alway notice something different when I play GTA, and I never beat every element of the game.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I unfortunately have never gotten to play GTA 2 as far as I know. I think I got to play a top view GTA on ps1 but I think that was the first one. The third was and still is great, I agree.

16. gats

gats Member

I am playing a lot of GTA3 for both PS2 and PC lately. There are still quite a few people speedrunning this game on twitch.

17. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I still play old GTA games that I havn't even finished. I have to finish IV and Chinatown Wars. Though, I don't think that Chinatown wars is even worth it. The graphics don't really do it for me.

18. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

Speed running has seriously blown my mind after seeing the amazing feats achieved by these gamers is again mind blowing. Seeing these extremely long games being completed in minutes is something special to watch. The first time I saw super Mario bros speed run I had seen some masterful precision and execution. The GTA speed runs are just the bare missions being done although I like it when special rules are taken into account it makes it a much more fun and enjoyable gameplay.

19. peelout247

peelout247 Member

I think the only GTA old game I would revisit is GTA3 Liberty City simply because it brings back old memories. The add on's these days make it better as well which obviously means I would only touch this title on a PC. Gotta appreciate the classics tho

20. Arctic21

Arctic21 New Member

I sometimes play GTA San Andreas on Android. It has aged but it is still good. There is a lot to do and the map feels bigger than it actually is. There are things I wish GTA 5 had hat San Andreas has.