Do You Still Play GTA IV From Time To Time?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

Since playing GTA V, have you returned to GTA IV at various points for some singleplayer or multiplayer fun? I haven't done so myself, but I do know a handful of people that prefer the predecessor rather than the current GTA game, which honestly doesn't make sense to me.

2. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Nah, I don't play GTA IV anymore. Since there is a new one, there's no point for me to play the old and dull game. GTA IV is great but GTA V is better and more beautiful.

3. Corten

Corten Member

I installed it a week ago or so, did some missions then completely forgot about it. I might just go back and play it again when I have time at the weekend.

4. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Not at all, I'm not a big fan of GTAIV, I bought it back when it came out and was disappointed by it. I did beat the game though, but I never get the urge to play it again.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

The story is worth playing through, and then you might as well get a few hours from multiplayer, but GTA V is so much better on so many levels that it's hard to go back to something "lesser".

6. TheViper

TheViper Member

Well, I do go back play it from time to time. Mostly, because I never finished the game and still need to. Pretty pathetic that I finish the new game and still working on the old one though.

7. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I don't think that I have ever even gotten the urge to go back and play that game after I had a taste of GTA. Honestly I know that I have said it many times already but the truth is I do not think that there is any game right now that is as good as GTA 5. The amount of work that you can see that they have put into this game is phenomenal. I really think that the next best thing that will come close to this game is when they release the next one.

8. Lucky120

Lucky120 Member

I still play from time to time. I have to beat it though. I watched my husband beat it at one point and I was going to choose a different path. I am going to hop back on soon. I am just playing so many other games that I have not really been on like I used to. I still try and make an attempt to get on from time to time.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't anymore just because I've gotten way too spoiled with the new version and I honestly don't like it all that much anyway. I'd much rather replay some of the older classic versions like VC or LCS if I were to revisit any GTA title.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Not anymore, although I don't think it's a bad game. GTA V outclasses it in every way though, Rockstar did an amazing job with this game.
    I guess people play GTA IV if they didn't finish the story, otherwise there's no incentive to playing it.

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

The one that that GTA IV beats V in hands down are things like Cops N Crooks and those game types that aren't officially present in GTA V.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. The previous one was good too but the new one is just too good so having both it would be natural to find the second one more appealing.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Yes, I still play it from time to time, mostly to revisit the comedy club and play any little mini games I missed. I still think it's cool that GTA IV had TV and funny websites.

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

From time to time, not really, BUT I recently reinstalled and I'm prepared to give it another spin. I remember giving up on the game after getting to the second island and just jumping into the online mode. Maybe this time I'll actually finish the game.

15. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Hardly anymore. Maybe once in a long while, but lately I haven't played at all. I don't even remember the last time I played it.

16. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Not often, but time to time, but I think that it's quite pointless since the new one is out then, it's better to play the newest one.

17. troutski

troutski Active Member

What about for people that like the different experience that GTA IV provides? Is it pointless then?

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Nowadays, I've been going back to GTA IV less and less. It's been a while since I went back for the Lost Episodes either. Though GTA IV as a whole is still a good game, GTA V is definitely a superior experience. I actually like Niko Bellic as a character, but I prefer Trevor, Michael, and Franklin. I do like how GTA V has small Easter eggs and callbacks to GTA IV, though.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I play older versions mostly for their limitations. The newer ones are fun because you are able to do more but there is also some charm to the simplicity of the older ones and they are not that simple anyway since at the time they did feel complex and it holds up very well until today.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

It took a long time for me to get the expansions Episodes From Liberty City. I finally got the disc based version for $5 so in a way I'm still playing GTA 4 in 2016.