Do you still own a Nintendo gameboy?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by Rohan99, Jul 28, 2014.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think I still have one laying around, and I know for sure I gave one to my nephew but I don't know if it's still working since he tends to destroy his toys! :D The Gameboy was amazing though.

2. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Member

There's a Gameboy at the Nintendo World store in Manhattan that a soldier owned during the Gulf War. It's burned to hell, and it STILL WORKS.

Amazing.

3. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I have a GBA lying around somewhere that I used to play a ton of Pokemon on. It's still in working condition!

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That is pretty impressive. I wonder how it survived all that chaos. I guess back then gadgets were just more built to last whereas now it's more important to make things cheaper.

5. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92 Member

I still own my dark blue Gameboy Advance. I played Pokémon nonstop on it lol. I also played Mario Kart a lot as well. I haven't turned it on and I really should to make sure it still works.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It should be safe as long as you don't leave the batteries in. I've done that with many of my devices and on some thankfully it didn't end up destroying the gadget but on some the batteries ended up leaking and ruining the whole item.

7. peelout247

peelout247 Member

I actually have the original gameboy somewhere in one of my dressers. It seems like a fixer upper with the glass being cracked and all. But I don't have any games left for it and the last gameboy color I had I gave away to some kid who needed it more then me. I hear even with a fix up the gameboy original is worth around $500, is this true guys?

8. emilyhalko

emilyhalko New Member

I still own a GameBoy! I own a GameBoy color and advance. Quite a few of them too! I was so hyped; a few months ago, I found a Pikachu edition Gameboy color! It still works and is now a part of my collection. I still use my GameBoys sometimes.

9. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 New Member

No gameboys, unfortunately, in my house. Although my son still wishes he had kept his.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Is this for the game playing reasons or because it might be worth something? Either one is valid, of course, I am just curious if your son is that aware of it being valuable or not. I am sure not all of them are valuable either, so maybe I am making assumptions here.