Do you prefer online mode or story mode in GTA V?

Discussion in 'GTA Multiplayer' started by transluzenz, Aug 11, 2014.

1. transluzenz

transluzenz New Member

I, myself, spend 90% of my GTA V time online. Most of my friends, though, prefer story mode-- I'm wondering if I'm alone? :p

2. Kaylahambrick

Kaylahambrick New Member

At first I was all about story mode and wouldnt even play online, and then one day got bored and started playing online and had a blast. Ive always been the kind of person who would rather play with other humans than a robot or computer. I rarely get on story mode anymore.

3. daimashin

daimashin New Member

I'm not fond of online multiplayer in general so I'll go with story mode. I like games that are more story focused which is why I like story mode better. I know that once the story is done, there's nothing else to discover but I can always replay the single player campaign.

4. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I like both game modes, but I preffer online mode, because my friends and I do some crazy stuff when we are playing online and I think it is more fun to play online with friends than the story mode by yourself. I like the multiplayer in the most games over the single player/story mode. I always finish the story mode, but after I finish the story mode I play online.

5. Balaal

Balaal Member

Well I've beaten story mode so now all I really play is online mode.

6. Obskyra

Obskyra New Member

I have always loved online mode. If you play with friends at least online is a lot more fun and can end up in a lot more randomness. Sure it's great to beat the story through the first time but replaying stories doesn't usually happen. A buddy of mine ended up doing one replay through to see the alternate endings.

7. joebel

joebel New Member

If you have friends to play online with you it's a blast to play online. Solo play is great too but nothing beats a good multiplayer session.

8. ThisGodlyGuy

ThisGodlyGuy New Member

I love story mode, I never really enjoyed online. I don't understand the point.

9. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08 New Member

I like the story mode but I prefer to play GTA5 online. For me it is more fun than the story mode. You get to be in a group and interact with a lot of players. Also you can talk to people and do missions together. I also like that online you have more houses to choose from and you do not have that on story mode.

10. Nevi

Nevi New Member

I prefer story mode afterwards when i get bored, I go online to play with my friends then go back to story mode. There is a time i would like to finish at least 3 to 5 missions before going online.

11. BamItzMuffinz

BamItzMuffinz New Member

I prefer GTA Online most of the time (except when my internet is crapping itself). There's a fair amount more to do, you can play with actual people and not AIs, you can buy houses and cars etc. It's much better in my opinion.

12. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

I rather deal with the single player then to deal with the multiplayer. People online when it comes to games can be inconsiderate.

13. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Now that I am done playing solo mode, the only thin I play is GTA Online. There is not much else you can do in solo mode once you finish the sotyline.

14. DjoBoy

DjoBoy New Member

I prefer playing online, because it's more fun than playing alone in single player. In online mode, you can race other players or play Deathmatch with them.
    The single player is also good if you want to play alone without being disturbed by other players.

15. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

Single player is always good for me. I have no problems with being by myself its good to do if you don't want other people to play against.

16. SlickBlasianYT

SlickBlasianYT New Member

I don't get on Story Mode as much as I used to. Unless I restart another save, I'm not playing GTA V's story mode as there's nothing to do really. They really need to add more interaction with the world on both platforms if they really want me to play the story mode more. In GTA IV, I used to play the story mode a little bit more than the online. Really because of how real it felt to just cruise in the game. There was dating, comedy clubs, and great interiors that made me feel like I was in New York City. But GTA V couldn't do that again in California for me.

17. tf182

tf182 New Member

Definitely GTA Online for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the story mode and I am glad that they gave it about a week before they even allowed users to play Online. The story mode, I felt, could have been better/longer, but that is just a sacrifice that I am willing to make if it means I can have that much better of an experience when I want to play Online with my friends.

18. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I like to play online more than story nowadays. When I first started playing I was all about story mode though. I binge played it for a few days until I finally beat the story, then I got bored of single player and jumped in online and had a blast.
    If the story never ended I would still be playing mostly single player, but once you finish the story there's nothing to do but search for collectibles, and that can be boring.

19. Blacklist#25

Blacklist#25 New Member

When I first played the game I was actually after the Story but once I experienced the joy of online multiplayer I went AWOL on the story mode.

20. Henry

Henry New Member

I'm not really into online playing-i'm an old school gamer. All this login, sign in or register stuff is just not my thing. I like to play in story mode and that's it. As soon as I finish the game, I lend it to some friend or stick it in a drawer somewhere.