Do you like playing first-person games on mobile phones?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

One of the main gripes of people playing on mobile devices is the difficulty in grasping the control scheme. One of the most difficult games to control using touch screen devices are first-person shooters. Despite this, I still find FPS games to be very enjoyable on touch screen devices. It does take a bit of time getting used to the controls.

Do you like playing FPS games on mobile devices too?

2. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Playing FPS on a small screen is not enjoyable for me. I like to play classic or arcade games on mobile phone. I used to spend a lot of time playing Snake and Bouncy Ball.

3. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

I don't find it at all enjoyable. You can't immerse yourself in the action and the controls are unreliable.

4. rebel

rebel New Member

I don't like it because of two reasons: the controls and the small screen. There is just no way your reactions can be fast enough to be successful in the game.

5. froggy666

froggy666 Member

The fact of the mater just sounds stupid. Playing something that requires precision and skill two things that mobile games cannon offer. If anybody with hands try to use the aim and shoot at the same time won't be able to see the screen.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I want to like it, but I just can't get over the difficulty of having to rely on onscreen controls. Dead Trigger 2 is the closest to being a good FPS game on mobile but it has to sacrifice the need for controlling the trigger just to do so. I think FPS is still best on consoles and PC, but I sure hope a perfect one pops up on mobile soon as I'd still love to have one.

7. nickjt

nickjt Member

I don't like dos games on my phone as the screen is too small, but I love them on my iPad. The controls aren't as good as using a controller but I rarely have any issues whilst playing.

8. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Member

I do play first person games from time to time, but it usually only for a few minutes. I play Brother in arms and Critical strike most of the time that I do play first person games.

9. Dez97

Dez97 Member

I play first person and sometimes its hard but I think I've gotten the hang of it, its not so bad for me anymore.

10. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I dislike playing FPS games on my mobile phone. I feel that there's just too much going on at once on such a small screen. I definitely prefer it on PC or on a console instead where I have a much bigger screen.

11. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

Yes I play first person shooter games on my Android phone. I don't have a problem with them and the graphics on my phone is very good. Games like call of duty and other shooter games look very good on my phone.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@FosterTXT Same here. I also could only play for short periods of time because I'm just not as able to get engrossed in it like I would on a PC or console.

13. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I like playing FPS on a PC better than playing it on a mobile phone, because I don't like the controls on the phones. I like the keyboard and a mouse that let's me control the characters in game, probably because whole my life I've been playing FPS games like this and I'm used to them.

14. rgrimes

rgrimes Member

I hate playing FPS games on mobile phones! They have small screen, and I hate constantly tapping my fingers on a touch screen, it feels uncomfortable.

15. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I played them a few times and I really dislike them. Nothing to enjoy at all in them. Sadly :/

16. MissBin

MissBin Member

No i really hate playing FPS games on mobile phones. As many of you have already said small screen and lack of controls are two major things why playing on PC is much better and easier. You can sit comfortably infront your computer with keyboard and a mouse. Also the whole experience is much better while having smooth graphics and great audio.

17. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I don't always find it very appealing because of the small screen size, but it can be a nice change-up once in awhile. But, it's very eye-straining if you play for long periods of time.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@rgrimes agreed, and I honestly don't think there's much of a solution short of sacrificing a lot of the controllability which some successful games tend to do. Just having to walk around or look around is too much of a chore because moving your thumb for direction already covers up a good portion of the screen.