Do You Like "Elimination" Races

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Denis Hard, Dec 2, 2015.

1. hafiz93

hafiz93 Member

I think it's fun and also quite nerve-wrecking at times, especially when you're head-to-head with the last car. I personally like sprint more but I love to play elimination style races too.

2. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

I personally don't like it. Normally, if you slip up in a race and fall behind, you can catch back up and not lose. But in elimination, one mistake can put you in last and knock you out for good. It's a very punishing mode, but I do kind of enjoy it once in a while for the thrill.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

From time to time it's a good way to break the routine of racing regular races. I always pick this mode whenever I'm tired of running the same modes all day and want something just to have a quick challenge that will be very exciting since it's like racing to be first for every car that is present on the track.

4. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I've never players these types of races, but they do sound interesting. What racing games have modes like those. I've played a lot of racing games over the years and I've never played anything like that.

5. raceman998

raceman998 Member

The elimination racing games are definitively more interesting than the normal races. Elimination races are much more challenging and that is why I love them. I feel like a king after winning the races. :D

6. spence88

spence88 Member

Me too I've never seen racing games have this mode. But like I said in my previous post, I guess this mode could be a "manual" mode where the racer who gets eliminated "manually" quits or leave the game. That makes it hard to implement this mode since the player might continue racing even after he lost.

7. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I'm guessing you could just manually do this when you are playing with your friends. I've never actually seen a mode like this in a game though. The elimination when you get passed sounds more like a game mode than something you would do with your friends.

8. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I'm not a big fan of them for the simple fact that they eliminate the possibility of a comeback. It's really hard to get ahead at the beginning of a race and it's even worse if you're playing online and everyone crashes into you leaving you in last.

Wubwub likes this.
  9. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

You could take a look at the following games as they all have "elimination modes:"

- Grid 2.
    - Asphalt 8
    - Real Racing 3.
    - Grip.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit also has some version of elimination mode.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Good point. I would probably also be frustrated at this in multiplayer but admittedly when I play in this mode in CPU battle I kind of like it just because I can stop early and play the stage again instead of having to run the whole course only to find out I fell short and have to repeat the stage again.

11. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I usually get to first on the last lap, and that's why elimination races can get annoying for me. I see your point about wasting less time, but you could also spend more time restarting the race.

12. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

I like elimination style races, but not if other players can hit me with an item and knock me out. I like the types where every lap someone is booted out of the game, amping up the pressure after every successful lap.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Elimination races can be good but when playing online against other gamers who you don't k is, they can be frustrating as you might be taking it more serious than what they are.

I'm sure we've all been involved in races against others and because they have been losing they've started to cheat or not race fairly and then that just ruins the game completely.

14. Maddogg401

Maddogg401 New Member

Elimination Mode is my favourite kind of race mode! It poses challenge which I like in racing games, It’s fun to race to overtake the car in front of you when you are at the end of the pack with just a couple of seconds left, and to slowly move to the top, eliminating opponents one at a time and finishing the race as the last man standing.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

For races such as this though, I think you have to have the right mentality in order to enjoy them. Personally I think a race against others is enough if a challenge in itself, and if there's a knockout element in there aswell, it just adds to the frustration for me, especially if your opponents aren't racing fairly.

16. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Every lap . . . it could be quite challenging. A mode I should try if I find a game that's got it. But if you get knocked out after the fast lap . . . you'll have to restart lots of times. It could be very annoying.

17. jonthai

jonthai New Member

I do actually. It just makes the game way more fun and action packed.Of course it sucks when you come last and get eliminated, but when you eliminate others it's an amazing feeling. I've been a fan of this mode for a while now, and I enjoy it more and more.

18. justrace

justrace Member

Yes like the elimination racing games because of they are more challenging than the normal racing games out there. It's more enjoyable and that is why I love it. Most of the people prefer elimination racing games over the plain ones. The plain ones are boring and they are not challenging enough.

19. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

I like to play games like Crash Team Racing and Twisted Metal in elimination mode. I think it's only fun if you play with other people. I tend to notice that playing games by your self is not fun. Not as fun as it use to be. Maybe video games are getting boring. Nintendo 64 was a lot of fun but these new games they seem so boring. It's just my opinion alright.

20. likeandba

likeandba Member

Just like every other member, I like the elimination racing games because they are more challenging than the single track racing games. There are many games out there with this mode. Most of the of the people dislike the elimination mode but many of the people like this mode. Most of the pro racers like the mode.