Do you guys prefer real simulator games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by erook7878, Mar 29, 2016.

1. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Do you guys prefer a game like Grand Turismo with pretty realistic driving physics or games like Need For speed where the driving physics aren't real at all, but are more easier and fun to play? For me it depends on the mood I'm in. I do enjoy playing both types of games.

2. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

I personally prefer the less realistic games. While the more realistic ones tend to be more appealing at first, generally with better graphics and a better impression, I find that I get bored with them quicker. The other games tend to have more to do, because they can have more creative ideas and concepts. I'll play either one, becaue each has its own appeal, but I prefer the less realistic games.

3. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I'd take the fun factor over the realism factor anyday, so Need For Speed gets my vote!

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

On most other things I'd say it also depends on my mood but when it comes to racing games I'm pretty much set in my ways and prefer more arcade type games. I appreciate realistic games, mostly for the graphics, but I like the gameplay in arcade type racing games a lot more because there is much more innovation allowed in the mechanics and dynamics.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I thought I would enjoy the arcade games less as I get older, but I find I enjoy the arcade games more. They are generally more fun to play. They usually have the better storylines as well.

6. Potausen

Potausen Member

I prefer hardcore simulators with realistic handling model. It's very hard to master this type of games and a steering wheel is absolutely necessary. I'm just a competitive person and I enjoy striving for greatness, constantly trying to improve. And there's not enough place for improvement in an arcade game that anyone can play.

7. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

I would also like any game which gives less priority to physics. realistic games are too boring and I would like to play a game that would have imaginary physics because it would be fun to play these games. :D

8. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

I always prefer games with extreme fiction. kinda let's me run away from the reality. Regular driving, I get to do everyday. This sort of helps me vent out all the frustration of traffic. :p

9. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I really don't mind both. I like both driving game types equally. If anything, you get to drive cars either way, so preferring real or an arcade type of game it really just a nightly call for me.

10. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I occasionally play simulator games but I don't like them that much. I find arcade racers to be more entertaining. Only when I need a change will I play a sim racing game.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

I prefer simulation settings with realistic driving physics and also fuel and tyre wear.

For me it makes the game more immersive and also somewhat strategic where you need to plan on how you're going to win the race, rather than just racing with no real worry.

12. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

I do prefer real similar games because I like tuning my car to the max. I prefer buying a car and making it go as fast as an exotic. I like to race with exotic cars but it takes a lot of time to save money for a exotic car. So, I need a similar game where a person can tune a cheap car to go as fast as a exotic. I prefer simulator games if I can tune my cheap car to the max.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Me too. Personally I find more fantastical themes a lot more engaging not just in games but also in movies. Not that they need to be completely removed from reality as I do prefer the ones that are still somewhat grounded in reality but I find myself mostly getting bored when entertainment becomes too focused on becoming as realistic as possible.

14. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I prefer the arcade racing games. I don' like real racing games because I can't do those amazing things in these games. The arcade games are much more interesting than the real ones.

15. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I also loved this game. Well, the game is really amazing. I would also vote this game.

16. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Oddly, when I was younger, I was really into realistic stuff. I kind of disliked things that were too unrealistic. Now I'm all about really cool out of this world stuff like Avatar.

17. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

A healthy balance between both is always good but if I had to choose I'd choose more need for speed just because the replay value is so high for me when it makes it fun like that. Realistic simulators just don't have that same appeal for me.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

For me it was different as I never really went through such a phase. Maybe I just never noticed, but even then I think I always favored entertainment that was colorful and vibrant rather than dark and gritty. For example, I found myself enjoying the more colorful batman movies to the earlier burton ones though those were well made enough that I can still appreciate both, but I definitely preferred the version everyone hates.

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Realism all the way for me when it comes to the racing games, so the simulators are definitely what I play the most.

Maybe its because outside of gaming, I do a bit of kart racing myself, so perhaps I'm always looking to replicate that thrill, but on th consoles?

Denis Hard likes this.
  20. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I got around to watching some of the older batman movies and I wasn't a huge fan. It was too comic booky for me. I much prefer the Christopher Nolan batman movies.