Do you guys ever feel guilty?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by Fdot, Mar 20, 2014.

1. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

Not really it's just a game. I suppose sometimes I've been like "Whoops" but at the end of the day it is only a game and I'm not hurting anyone's feelings. Saying that I don't go around punching old people in the face. I just mess around with stuff I enjoy doing like police chases and stuff :)

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I don't, that would be really foolish. I'm playing this game to have fun and I'm sure noone minds if I blow some things up in the air.

3. TheViper

TheViper Member

No, but there have been times where I am like "dang that was messed up". Then I would go on to run over a bunch of cops and people at the beach. It is a weird kinda fun where you know it is wrong but know you can get away with it because it is a game.

4. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

I don't feel guilty at all about the things I do in GTA, why should I ? It is just a video game, and I am healthy and of the right mind tto know and differentiate between games and reality.

5. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori New Member

Even though it's a game, the actions you take can definitely affect your conscience. I for, example started driving more carefully, so I avoid hitting innocent bystanders; that used to make me feel like crap. However, what I felt even more guilty when I completed the torture mission with Trevor; I felt like quitting many, many times.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

I have felt guilt a few times yes. The last time was a few days ago with GTA V when I took a car and after a long while it ended up being destroyed on the beach in Los Santos. I felt a combination of guilt because I had used the car for quite a while, drove it for many miles, that and prior to my taking it it was someone else's likely pride and joy, and its life ended in a blackened fiery mess on a beach.

Yeah, weird I know.

7. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I only felt guilty once, in GTA V. I was driving a bus full of scared people, and I decided that I couldn't leave any witnesses alive. So, I planted a sticky bomb on the bus and detonated it. I felt pretty guilty seeing all the corpses afterwards.

8. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

I guess I felt guilt before over the concept that I'm doing things on a game that isn't even funny in real life.

9. Stoyanow

Stoyanow New Member

Not at all. And even if I did, killing people and blowing stuff up in this game overweighs any guilt I might or might not feel.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I do feel guilty when I killed many old people back in Vice City and that was like about 7-8 years ago. Now I really don't care who I kill in the game.

11. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I think I do at times like when I took the taxi, from the cab driver to make money and needed the money and the cab driver would try and fight, me but I would run off in the car so he does not die in the fight. I think sometimes there is guilt, when you run people over in the game when doing a mission or taking a car when you need it badly and sometimes they chase you for a while then move on. I think it can happen when,someone get's in the way when you have a shootout with thugs and gangs in the game as they don't move out of the way when you want them to.

12. biggabeard

biggabeard New Member

Not at all it's just a game. Even when I was younger I knew how to separate real life and video games. The only thing in the game I avoid is the sex with hookers part. Not because it would make me feel like it's wrong, but mostly because I don't need my neighbors hearing it and assuming the worst.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I can't say that I have ever felt guilty about my actions in the game, because at the end of the day, it's important to remember just that. It's just a game.

Sometimes if I'm playing online and mess a heist up or some other game involving others I do a bit, but it's usually taken in good spirits. Everybody as a bad day after all.

14. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

That's interesting, lol.

15. Brittney Stevens

Brittney Stevens New Member

I have little guilt when I play Grand Theft Auto. In all honesty, I thoroughly enjoy running over pedestrians in my Smart Car or Volkswagen, and watching their blood smear the payment. I feel a rush of excitement whenever I do this, in conjunction with stealing cars and executing the police. I treat this game as a stress release, and the non-existent people in the game are my unlucky targets.

16. rightct

rightct New Member

I find it amusing. Moreover, it's just a game, it's not like I'm doing all this horrendous stuff in reality and never caught with it. I find that these games are a nice thing to vent out your frustration toward some people if you ever need it, so games in general are welcome for that.

17. ericnail

ericnail New Member

Nope. It's just a game and all of the bad things you do in the game are also kind of the draw to play it. I mean, do I think serial killers probably love the game? Yeah for sure. With that said I don't think that makes me a bad person for playing it and for that reason I don't feel bad. Besides, I live my life without the urge to do anything bad daily, so I don't think it's a problem.

18. cnunamaker1

cnunamaker1 New Member

No I have never felt bad about anything I have done in Grand Theft Auto. Maybe I do not feel bad about anything that I do because it is a game. I mean the game was designed for stuff like hitting people and or running people over with a car. The game was made for people to be able to break the rules and that is just what people are going to do when they play.

19. alaineman

alaineman New Member

Nope, doing these things in game is fun, because you're not hurting real people. That's the entire point of a game, doing things you don't want to do or can't do in real life.

20. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

No, it's a game. I'm smart enough to know that what I am doing in the game is wrong, and that I shouldn't do it in real life. That's like asking, "When you stomp a sand castle, do you feel bad for real castles?" Not really.