Do you guys ever feel guilty?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by Fdot, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Fdot

Fdot New Member

I know you've done some nasty things on GTA; punched old-timers, threw grenades at fuel stations, you know what I'm talking about. I was just wondering if anyone felt any feeling of guilt from all of this mindless violence. I mean, of course it's a game, but do you guys ever feel bad about what you do on it?

2. gadgetised

gadgetised New Member

No, it's a game. That is what is there for. So we don't do that stuff in real life!

3. daimashin

daimashin New Member

The only guilt I feel is guilty pleasure for doing these sick things. One of my favorite is killing hookers after service to get back my money, hahaha. Actually, there is no need to feel guilty since it's a game. It's better to do them in the game than to real people.

4. 3Quency

3Quency New Member

I feel guilty sometimes when I bottle old people or beat up paramedics while typing in cheat codes outside the hospital.

5. monired

monired New Member

GTA 5 was the first of the series I got, mostly at my boyfriend's urging. At first, I didn't play because of the violence. I thought it was too real feeling with the blood and screaming. Then I got into running people over in an SUV and didn't feel as bad. It was a one and done thing for me. Once I got my foot in the door there, the rest steadily came on. So, to answer your question: yes at first now I love the game.

6. MaykCheck

MaykCheck New Member

Not at all, it's just a game.
    And if you do feel guilt, it should be related to real life, like wasting your time playing a game rather than spending time with your loved ones.

7. Laksefar

Laksefar New Member

This. Also others have said it. It's just a game, do I don't really feel any guilt.
    Actually I feel excited. It's fun :D
    GTA is one of the only games that allows you to go insane, without that bad repercussions. It's amazing :D

8. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Guilty of playing GTA? No Never. It was the first game in which I had some illegal and adults only fun :D. I am not going to regret what I did in Vice City.

9. JPlummz

JPlummz New Member

It is just a game. I never feel guilty even when I am gunning people down. GTA is one of the only games in which you can do it so I make sure I take advantage of it ;)

10. sidney

sidney Member

Never. Why would I feel guilty killing 3D gaming characters right? It's just a game. I would think that someone is weird if they'd feel sad for beating up the characters in the game.

11. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

You are probably right. "Ezio did not kill civilians" :D.

12. Esperahol

Esperahol Member

No - I find it amusing, but I can see why someone would feel so and I applaud them for being so sensitive and caring.

13. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless New Member

Not exactly feel guilty. It's more like what I would do given any moment and mood. For example, in certain type of games where there is a sense of morality and ethics, I may react according to how I feel about it in real life. However, in a game franchise like Saints Row and GTA, I treat most of the in-game characters like dolls meant for anarchy.

14. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I have no feeling of guilt at all. In fact, things which you could not do in real life can easily be done in a game. If GTA gives me the liberty to become a drug lord or make headlines in the news by reason of committing numerous crimes, then that will make me complete. And not just GTA, but other Rockstar games such as Manhunt where you will have the urge to kill.

15. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Manhunt was more focused on stealth in my opinion. I really think it didn't get the attention that it deserved.

16. matrixor

matrixor Member

I don't feel guilty. It's a game. Nothing is real in it.

17. exploreandrespawn

exploreandrespawn New Member

Guilty? that is an interesting question. for me? No. I really get into this game. In SA, one of my fav past times was just simply shooting out the tires of the cars, and watching the pileups occur. simple, but fun. This is a game, a story. Intelligent people know it's a story, we know it's there as entertainment. I get a kick out of doing a lot of damage in these GTA games. As soon as the price drops at our local Game Stop for GTA5, I'm going to get ready for some good game play! I've peaked at some of the walk throughs, and Patrick is in it, so this should be fun. I like it when characters go from game to game, even in little ways.

18. Rob

Rob New Member

I'm not doing as much of the mindless stuff that I used to do in the previous GTA's on this one for some reason. I'm probably just enjoying the missions and doing things too much. I'm sure I'll get to that soon though.

19. iroyv

iroyv New Member

Nope, GTA is a game like any other so there's no emotional conflict with the stuff I'm doing in the game. I've never though of the characters in GTA to be real so it's still fun when I lpay the game.

20. teeteefree

teeteefree New Member

No, not really it's just a game. I know i would never in life do the things i do in GTA. But, i have made little comments while playing like, "sorry i'ma need to borrow your car for a sec" before stealing it and little things of that nature. I guess a little form of guilt but yeah not so much .