Do you find creative things to do in-game?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by primalclaws1974, Aug 19, 2015.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

Since I like to play free-range, and not online, after a couple hours I get bored. So, that is when I start to look for unusual things to do. Sometimes I will try to see how far I can get a boat or jet ski inland. Other times I will shoot seagulls in midair. Sometimes I will stand in an alcove with a thousand cops coming at me, and keep shooting, knowing I am about to die. These things are just something to do, and I know that they aren't advancing me in the game, but I enjoy it. What do you do?

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

I've taken to upgrading random cars just to see what upgrades can be done on them, finding a place to hold up and survive as long as I can while cops are coming at me.

I've also been driving around the coast to see how far I can get. It's good but you get into difficulties when the coast becomes steep and rocky.

1 person likes this.
  3. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 New Member

Normally I shoot people in random places, and count the police response times, and watch them derp around in traffic which is always funny.

1 person likes this.
  4. troutski

troutski Active Member

Nope. I don't have a creative bone in my body.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

I lack creativity, some would say.

6. sidney

sidney Member

I sometimes kill and steal from people, and I like to punch them randomly so that I would be entertained with a fistfight. Then I'll shoot them.

1 person likes this.
  7. Destiny

Destiny New Member

One of my favorite things to do on GTA V is to do some peyote and become an animal. It's so fun! My favorite is swimming around as an Orca!

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I sometimes find myself just wandering round taking pictures to be honest, try and find a few nice views and that, maybe a few selfies in front of the vinewood sign, that kind of thing.

No idea why by the way, just passes a bit of time I guess.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

It's funny when you're hiding behind a box in a alley or something and can see them actively searching for you and then when the wanted level they just give up and go away. It's even more funny when one of them gets back in a car and drives away, leaving his colleuge behind.

10. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

I wasn't aware you could turn into animals in the game, unless that was just a joke. On that level, I think it's funny when animals come at you. I get too nervous to be fast enough when the cat attacks me in the rural areas, but the sharks have never caught me (I suppose a boat will always be faster than a shark). Sometimes dogs come at me unprovoked too, which is kinda bs, but I can usually kill them.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

When I'm bored in Single Player I go and do stunts with all my cars to see who's the best in that regard. I use different locations to see how they perform in different environments and I also try to see how many cops can chase me before I die.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The stunt jumps are always good to have a go at, apart from when your playing on line and the world record as been hacked to an jump length that's impossible to challenge.

13. Susime

Susime Active Member

The peyote plants were a collectable item you could find on the PS4/Xbone versions of the game but only to returning players, if I recall.

The mountain lions I used to have trouble with but when they are near you they appear as a red marker on the map. Pack a shotgun, preferably a sawn-off and when you see it, blast away. Usually deals with them pretty quick. Sharks also appear as red markers on the map. Before I went in the water I'd always shoot at it with a rifle. When dogs come after me I have a really hard time killing them, not because I'm a rubbish shot, but because my conscience! I'm a dog lover at heart and if ones after me I'll try to ward it off with a couple of shots next to it.

14. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

I think a lot of creative people, especially in the context of video games alter how something went in their head. Given the tools to make this a reality in the game, maybe more appealing than the major storyline or theme. This is why hey have consistently added modes, etc.

15. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

Literally, the most creative thing I've done is upgrade and modify random street cars and then drive around enjoying the scenery. A bit similar to the user above to be honest. Considering that this game allows you to do almost anything, there are not many creative things you can do. Compare GTA to a game like Just Cause 3 where you can literally do almost anything and GTA is very limiting to be honest with you.

16. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Not really, i like to stick to the missions and the story of the game and often look up a few things on the internet.

17. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

After I have reached a certain point then I always try to do something a little different, like follow the rules and what not. It kind of just depends on what I am playing for.

18. overcast

overcast Member

Not creative things exactly. But I love to park the stolen cars on one side. And some of the time I prefer to put all the typical stuff out of the house. And this can be creative if you see it.

19. Itsame

Itsame New Member

One of my favorite things to do is to grab a bike and go off-roading. One thing GTA V brought to the series that its spiritual predecessor GTA SA did is an expansive wilderness you can explore. I think this type of level design is vastly underappreciated. People almost always judge things in a comparative way. Having these natural spaces in the game may not be the most exciting thing in themselves, but they serve as a necessary juxtaposition to the urban environments. It's fun to go get lost among the pine and see if you can find something unique.

20. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

For the most part I usually just create chaos and run around within the game.