Do you ever get tired of racing games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by FuZyOn, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It does feel kind of somber whenever I start losing interest in a certain game that I once loved so much. Sometimes I'll try to play it again but just a few minutes in I could tell I'm just forcing it.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The longevity of a racing game for me also depends on how serious you're taking it aswell though. If it's just a game you're playing to pass the time, its inevitable that you'll get bored with it a lot sooner than if you're playing competitively against others.

With racing games I think you get out of it what you put in, and that can only be down to you at the end of the day.

3. raceman998

raceman998 Member

No, I never get tired of Racing games. Well, the racing genre is my favourite among all the genres and I never get 'bored'. I play racing games every day and even if I get bored from a particular game, I switch to another game of the same genre (racing). I have a collection of almost 300 racing games and you can call me a racing addict!

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

If you have 300+ racing games then I think it's safe to say that we CAN call you a racing game addict! Have you got the full set up aswell? The chair and wheel? That's my next investment I think, it's just having the room to put it anywhere!

spence88 likes this.
  5. spence88

spence88 Member

Yeah absolutely. That's quite a lot of games. You sir are THE expert of racing games. It would definitely be great to get to know your ideas and experience. How long have you been gaming? On what platforms?
    @pwarbi yeah, I'm quite sure he has a full blown racing setup!

6. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

Not at all, I just wish they added more customization to them so the replay value would be more and keep people around. I think they are the funnest games out there because every race is so intense. If you hit a pole or slip around the corner and jam your car against a wall the race is essentially blown. It requires near perfect driving and pure skill most of the time which honestly, I find wholly enjoyable.

7. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I like the way racing games are unpredictable. No matter how good you are there's no guarantee that you will win every race. Unless you are playing the same racing game every day, racing games never can be boring.