Do you ever get tired of racing games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by FuZyOn, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Susime

Susime Active Member

When I play a different game after binging on one for so long I sort of feel like I am betraying the game by playing something else.

Does anyone feel the same?

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This is what I do as well. As much as I like racing games it does get a bit repetitive after a while so it's good to have some other genres to break the monotony once in a while.

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

It's kinda what I like about Forza. If you get bored of the racing you can always go into the paint booth and create a work of art on your car.

The paint booth is seriously powerful to boot so you get a lot of neat designs coming out.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I did not know there was a feature like this in Forza where you can make custom paint for your cars, I'll have to look it up. I always have enjoyed customization in racing games, sometimes a lot more than the racing itself.

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

The livery editor is one of the best parts of the Forza series and one of the big pulling points that make me love the game.

There is seriously no better racing experience than racing in a car adored with your own livery creation. It's beautiful :D

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'll definitely have to check this out now. I've never been interested in traditional racing games but customization is right up my alley. Maybe it will end up endearing me to the game eventually. Thanks!

7. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I've never found racing games to be repetitive. While it's possible that someone can get bored if they play the same racing game for too long, for someone like me if I play a different racing game, quite different from the one I'd been playing previously, I won't get bored. It is like switching genres for me.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah when the racing mechanics change for each game I'm less likely to get bored and it's why I tend to stay away from traditional racers because they all seem similar to me. But you're right there is always something different in every game.

9. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Racing games will definitely become boring for you if you play the same type of races again and again. It's natural. To avoid this boringness, I generally change the tracks and try different categories of races. I play different genres of racing for almost 7-8 hours daily (even now) and I don't get bored.

10. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I usually don't get tired of racing games as long as there is some type of storyline. Once I beat the game and I start playing certain missions or levels again, then I will get bored. Otherwise, it's hard for me to get bored of a racing game.

11. wallcat

wallcat New Member

I'm the same with everything: games, music, books, films... etc... I have my preferences, but I'll always fancy something different every once in a while. I think novelty is a good thing to experience now and again. Taking a break can also help you to appreciate the things you do love even more. You can get burn out with anything you spend too much time doing. Although I have a friend that's been playing Minecraft none stop for years now and I'm not sure if he's ever going to hit that point. I can't understand that as I'd be sick to death of it by now if I was in his place.

12. GenevB

GenevB Member

Yes, I've had periods when I've become tired of all the racing, and all the cars. I've stopped playing racing games for a while, re-profiled on on some MMORPGS, and you know, you can't stay away from racing games too long, after few days/weeks, the passion (or I'd better say the addiction) came back. It always comes back and I also go back to racing games.

13. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

When you have been playing racing games ever since I have been around 4 years old, it never gets tiring. There is always new games and new locations to discover that it just ends up being an endless adventure!

14. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Maybe on occasion, but with so many genres of games out there I think we're spoilt for choice. Just boot up a different game and you're good to go!

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. From time to time I'll play so much racing games that I'll get tired of it and I will take a break only to come back to it when I do the same on other genres. I think I do this with almost any genre and there are probably only a select few that I don't get tired of no matter how much I play them.

16. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

For me I could play the same racing game for days and I'll never get bored. In fact I always opt for the more challenging tracks where even finishing third makes me feel good. If a game doesn't have such a challenging track then maybe I might get bored but if I do then I'll just play another better racing game.

17. Qdub16

Qdub16 New Member

Definitely, especially if its a game I'm not too good at. The idea behind racing games is that they're supposed to be fun, and if you not having fun what's the point in playing. The only time I don't get burnt out is if I'm playing with a friend who's as equally bad at racing games as I am or if it's a game I have fun playing no matter what like Split/Second. Other than that it is very hard for me to play racing games for very long.

18. Potausen

Potausen Member

It depends on how much the developer updates their game and adds new content. I can be hooked to a good game for a very long time if the updates are frequent. The community mods also play the same role.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  19. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

I do get tired of racing games once in a while, because it starts to get repetitive. One of my favorite things is getting to race on unique courses, and once you know the best route on said course, there's only a few rounds until it gets a little boring. It also doesn't help if the CPUs are fairly bad at the game, so there's not even a real competition. Of course, consistent new content is a good remedy for this, but that's a pretty tall order. Once I decide I'm done with a racing game, I usually take a total break from video games for a few days (not sure why) and then when I go back, start playing some other genre of game. But I always go back to the racing games eventually.

20. GenevB

GenevB Member

I think that this is the first time that I realize I tend to have that "getting to much of it" with almost every game I play, but I usually let them buried in a box and never take them out again, however there are few privileged genres, like dirt racing which I can't simply get that tired, and there something about them that will always call me back, for one more race, one more drift.