Do you ever get tired of racing games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by FuZyOn, Jul 30, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I mean, I guess everyone becomes burnt out after they play a lot of games. Do you ever get tired/bored of them?

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

I do get bored of racing games if there are nothing new to the genre. It seems everyone is following suite of Gran Turismo and there is very few innovative game play and options. That's why I play a lot of Mario Kart or other Nintendo Kart games. Those are off the wall and fun to play, especially in party modes. Those games change the scene and break up the monotony.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

All the time. I switch genres for a few weeks when I get tired of racing.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Yes, I get really burnt out of a certain genre after playing it like a mad man. I usually cycle between three genres: First Person Shooters, Role-Playing Games and Racing games. Each genre takes me about a month to get tired off, and that's when I'll switch over to the next genre on my list. I know, pretty crazy. :)

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

This is kind of what I do as well, except that I can't seem to get enough of RTS games. I've been playing LoL for 4 years and I never got bored of it, since it's always updated with new things and the game doesn't repeat itself.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Yep. Well, not only racing games but most of the games I'm playing too. That's why I always play the games every other day to not get tired of the games.

7. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

In the past when I played them too often and for a long period of time (an entire day) they did become boring at some point, but nowadays I'm usually in lack of time, and don't play them that often anymore.

8. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Yeah, I know how you feel. I've been playing Team Fortress 2 for about 5 years now, and the new updates keep breathing new life into the game.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I do but only when all I have to play is a straight up racing game. When the racing game I'm playing has lots of modes like cop pursuit or takedowns or drifting tests then I could play them for much longer.

10. TheViper

TheViper Member

I'm not gonna lie but playing regular racing games can become boring. Traditional racing games are purely fun when playing with friends or playing online. Unless, you are just trying to pimp out your vehicle then a traditional racing game loses its merit.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. I have played a lot of racing games at this point so I'm already kind of tired by the regular type of racing where you don't need to get any power ups or have the ability to shoot or takedown the competition. I hope more developers make those types of racing games.

12. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Racing games never tire me.

IMHO, racing games are only boring if you play the same racing game over and over and . . .

Try lots of different racing games . . .

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, I guess you have a point but you can still play the same game as long as you always play different tracks. Playing the same, old road will not get you very far and only induce boredom.

Denis Hard likes this.
  14. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

There are some tracks which I hate. I could play once or twice, lose the race and lose interest but there are more challenging tracks which will never bore me. Different strokes for different people . . .

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This happens for me too. Some tracks just don't appeal to me regardless of how easy or challenging they might be, and when I come across these I usually just play them if it's required to achieve something but otherwise I'd just ignore them.

Denis Hard likes this.
  16. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Obviously, I'll get bored of a game if I'm playing the same game over and over again because it'll get tedious. I don't, however, ever get bored of playing racing games in general, they have always been my favourite gaming genre, although I wouldn't sit there playing racing game after racing game all night. I would probably want to play something different, like an action or puzzle game, in between. I do enjoy playing racing games more than any other genre though.

17. gats

gats Member

I hop between genres all the time. I am the type of person that binges on one game at a time and the moves on. Sometimes it is a racing game, sometimes an RPG, etc...

18. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I play a wide range of genres, so I only stick to one game for as long as I'm having fun with it. I do get bored of racing games after a good amount of hours. All I have to do is start playing something different and I get the urge to go back to racing eventually.

19. Susime

Susime Active Member

I don't get bored of them but I do get times where I get a little burnt out on them and when that happens I just play something else until I feel like returning to the racing game.

I most usually get burnt out when trying to do something creative in the livery editor of a racing game. I get a sort of creative block and it's tricky to try and create something. When I do manage it though I am pretty pleased with the result, but the result often causes a burn out.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here, and I find it's really helpful in not getting tired of any genre since you. Always get a big break after binging on a specific one.

spence88 likes this.