Do you agree/disagree with the banning of mods in Singleplayer? Why?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by tibz1337, May 5, 2015.

1. tibz1337

tibz1337 New Member

Personally, I don't agree with the banning of mods in Singleplayer. If it doesn't hurt anyone, then why bother? Let me know what you guys think!

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

I can understand the argument against mods being in GTA Online, but it makes absolutely no sense to ban mods in Singleplayer because it doesn't harm anyone or give them an edge over anyone because nobody else is there!

1 person likes this.
  3. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I think it can sometimes cause a game to crash at times or, it may not fully work and not reliable as well and can work or not since it is not made by the developer. I think Rockstar still has the rights to the game and when playing in the online version will be banned as they feel many are getting a edge over others who are just starting to play the game or learning how to play. Rockstar should view each case and see if the person is misusing the game and also see if the mods are really harmful or not than make a choice.

1 person likes this.
  4. duckvader

duckvader New Member

Today in reddit there was mention of a person who received an email replay by rockstar saying that they will not ban sp mod users.

5. Briggs

Briggs New Member

In think its silly. The truth is the only time I play anything single player is when I have mods. Otherwise it's the same boring storyline everytime.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I don't agree for banning the mods on singleplayer. Mods are the greatest thing in the games. It makes the game more fun to play and it makes the game live longer like GTA IV.

7. TitanDolphin1

TitanDolphin1 New Member

I honestly don't agree with Rockstar banning it because Gta V Singleplayer is a product that we bought and we should be able to change it in any way we want. Gta V Online is still Rockstar's because it runs on their cloud servers so we shouldn't be able to alter it. But we should be able to do anything we want to do with Gta V Singleplayer without worrying about the consequences.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I agree. Maybe not so much with the single player game but definitely online. Players with mods where taking the fun out of the game for everybody else, so I have to agree with rockstar on that one.

9. W0nderWhite

W0nderWhite New Member

I'm pretty sure that Rock* has overturned their decision and that mods are allowed again. Mods is a big part of any PC game whether the developer likes it or not. The only reason they banned it was to make the game last-longer rather than have people get infinite cash immediately and buy whatever they want.

10. MrGravyCakes

MrGravyCakes New Member

It is stupid. This is the age of modding and R* need to understand that rather than having childisah arguments with people who do what everyone else allows in their games. They dont even give a valid reason why not, so it is very silly and childish.

11. Escoda

Escoda New Member

Rockstar have recently answered this question in their Q&A, they will not ban you for using mods:

"We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV. Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways."

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...swered-the-rockstar-editor-gta-online-updates

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think it's a stupid thing to ban mods. You should be able to do anything you want in single-player, let alone modify the game to your liking.

13. TheViper

TheViper Member

I think they said only the ones that caused trouble for other players online will be banned. Frankly, if a mod messed up things for other players online then it shouldn't be in use.

14. tarverten

tarverten New Member

An emphatic no I say. Why should single player mods be banned? They aren't for offline use and don't mess with other people's fun. They knew modding was a big part of why everyone wanted GTA on PC. So why inhibit people from what was a big selling point for the product?

15. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

I disagree because this is the kind of thing that makes no sense. Online multiplayer mods is one thing. I can understand banning those. But who do single player mods hurt?

16. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

Disagree camp here. Rockstar are a bunch of jerks for that. I think they are trying to stop mods out of fear. It has nothing to do with "community protection". They just don't want people making better stuff than they can and want to sell us things through dlc instead.

17. awesomeaniruddh

awesomeaniruddh New Member

NOOOOOOO. It's the mods that make GTA fun. I loved the Hulk mod for GTA IV.
    If it weren't for the mods and the fun gameplay elements they add, GTA would lose a lot of its replaybility.
    GTA online banning mods is understandable, but why singleplayer?

18. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

In singleplayer I think it's not that big of a problem since you're playing by yourself. It's fun to experiment with mods too!