DLC suggestions/ideas?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by qag, Jun 22, 2014.

1. qag

qag Member

Would anyone here like to see DLC for Mario Kart 8, and if so, what type of content would you like to see added?

Personally, I would like to see some more characters added, in particular some of the characters like Dry Bones and King Boo who have been in previous games but weren't in this game for one reason or another. Unique battle mode maps would be nice as well. Lastly, I think adding more tracks would be great, though I'm not sure if that's something that's going to happen....

2. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

More tracks! That definitely would make any Mario Kart fan drooling. I'm not saying that MK8 has only a few tracks. But additional tracks are always a plus. I do agree with new characters too. I think that's the norm when it comes to downloadable content. Also, I wish that they would also provide new powerups to make the game a lot more fun.

3. kaineparker

kaineparker Member

More maps and characters, or even skins for existing characters would be nice to see. These features aren't too uncommon nowadays and it would be cool to see more things added to Mario Kart, since it has such a large player base.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

They could add anything to this game and as long as they do it well, I will like it. I'd probably like more tracks, characters, and cars the most. In the next versions I'd also like to see more power ups and just general additions to the mechanics.

5. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Samus should be added...especially if she's shown in her plugsuit. *drools*

6. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

I cannot agree more. New tracks always add tons of extra gaming time to the game and also give it something more refreshening. Adding more characters is definitely fun too but I think it adds less value to the game than extra tracks do. I would still buy any type of DLC that is released though, Mario Kart is always fun.

7. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Well there's not much to add here considering DLC has already been confirmed for the game. Tracks and characters are about all you can do, and that's what they've done.

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

Well, two DLC packs have been confirmed, and I believe they both just contain new characters. Link is coming into the game with a new motorcycle, which looks pretty awesome. I would love to see additional DLC packs with new tracks and weapons added into the mix, but I doubt we'll see much of that.

9. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Aside from that they could consider adding some new game modes, however it should be free DLC so that there is no segregation of the playerbase.

10. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

That's also an option. Would be great if they could unfuck the battle mode. It's pretty bad compared to say, Mario Kart DS. As for segregation, I'm sure they'll have something where only people with the DLC will match with others who also have it.

11. NathanG

NathanG New Member

Yeah, I would love to have more tracks. I mean, I like the tracks in it but I could always go for more. And I would also like for the dlc to be free! :D Haha, as if that would happen. ;)