Dirty money

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Briggs, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Briggs

Briggs New Member

Before they patched it, and people were dropping millions of dollars here and thee for random players to pick up, did you ever get any? How much did you end up with?

2. Shimus

Shimus New Member

I never heard about this until I read this thread and read up on it.

heh. Dirty Money. Isn't all money in the game dirty? From mass stealing of cars to resell (Shady and Dirty by moral standards) and completing missions, to duplicating cars in the online mode there were/still are plenty of "Dirty" methods to obtain cash. And I can't say I didn't take part. I did. They removed all my money from my account as well, I had well over millions and millions and a nice garage full of duplicated cheetahs. In a rainbow of colors.

But hah to the dropping of money.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I never knew about this, but even if I did I definitely wouldnt have taken part. When i play online I like to play by the rules, people who develop and come up with cheats and hacks ruin the online experience for everybody in my opinion.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I've heard of this but sadly I never got the chance to pick some up! :(
    It would've been cool though, too bad they patched it.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

See I'm the opposite, I'm glad they did patch it, and I'd have gone even further, and took all the money out of the accounts of the players that used it.

6. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I didn't even know something like this existed. Lucky for you that you got to pick some up though.

7. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

I'd never heard of this either! Gutted I missed out :\ Not a huge fan of cheats myself but would have been cool!

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

I've gotten some dirty money in GTA Online before, but only a couple times. It was fun while it lasted!

9. Shimus

Shimus New Member

To add to my earlier post, I also obtained that "Dirty" money from duping cars out of a garage trick with the bombs. I earned nearly 50mil this way, reselling originals to the car shop and keeping the dupes. The only downside to duped cars is you can't insure them. So you can TOTALLY TOTAL them.

But that's a very real risk and reward while you're doing this. And it's not like you couldn't dupe a dupe, anyways. But any dupe wasn't worth money. The original cars were. I always duped the ones I wanted a copy of after selling the originals. Until I just settled on a bunch of Cheetahs and a bike rack lol. I took those Cheetahs everywhere. Over the hills in the mountains. Through any racing mission. Around town online (if I wasn't in my tank HEHEH)

So, I don't mind breaking rules. I fully understand it's bannable and it comes with risk. Don't get caught. Can't recommend this, as it can ban an account. But there are simply too many people playing with their own cheats/dupes/dirty money that it's rare to get any lashback, unless RockStar cracks down.

Since then, I've earned everything legit. I don't tell lies; I still have some of those duped cars. But no money on online mode is fun - it makes the game fun again, whereas sitting with 50m in "Dirty Money" and nothing to spend it on is no fun. All the ammo, guns, and apartments in the world doesn't cost that much money. So it made the game dull, almost not fun

Having to earn everything legit again, I'm rediscovering my love for the game. All over again. And nothing is cheated this time. 100% earned. And it feels like I deserve it, whereas last time it was just handed to me.

10. Briggs

Briggs New Member

There was no way to be able to watch out for it. You literally couldn't help but to pick it up. They took 90% of the money out of the accounts just to make sure all the dirty money was collected. But even Rockstar said the people who picked it up weren't responsible for it happening.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

It's just a pet hate of mine, if your playing online, then play fair. I've had too many good games ruined by cheats, and that's what they are. Online everybody should play equal, it's the game. The reason people play online, what's the point if your up against somebody with a load of cheats?

12. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Never heard anything about this. Glad they patched it, don't like to play with something bad is going on and it might get me too.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

This might be patched but there will more than likely be other ways around the game in the future. I sometimes think rockstar are fighting a losing battle when it comes to things like this.

14. dc423

dc423 New Member

You mean duplicating Pantos? They patched that the second I had a fully upgraded Panto ready.

15. Shimus

Shimus New Member

It's because the more customization you give the user (which is what players of Grand Theft are ALWAYS bugging them about) it allows more channels for the hacks and cheats to get in. Through the custom loader for making maps. Through glitches like the garage spawner. People will always try to purposely break the platform they are given. I've seen this in EVERY single online I've ever played, ever. It's just to what extent it happens. But to rule it out of this game they would have to remove the customization they so tote and already have given us to use, which I do not see happening.

16. TheViper

TheViper Member

I've done this several times and it was fun for what is worth. My friends hated it and would always say that I'm taking the easy. To that I would reply "is there any other way?".

17. Shimus

Shimus New Member

I don't find fault doing it when everyone else you play with (friends OR random people) are doing it and you're so far back against their arsenal of vehicles, weapons, and ways to kills you just sit there and have all your kills stolen/get griefed over.

At a certain point even my honest (I won't use it) turned to a "Well fuck, I should do it to stay keep up with the others who do"

18. Devonne

Devonne New Member

I wasn't aware of this but I am kind of glad they patched it. I am not one for cheats because I like playing the game for what it is instead of cheating my way to the top. I guess that just drags over into my everyday life though too.

19. Shimus

Shimus New Member

I'm the type of man who uses whatever tools they can to achieve what they set out to do, regardless of the moral or social implications. Incorrigibly so almost.

If I could find more dirty money I'd just spread it around like Robin Hood and flood everyones bank accounts so we have all the high-class cars racing each other for fun instead of you showing up to race my Cheetah in an El Camino.

20. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

I am ashamed to say I did get most of my money from random people dropping it.