did you ever complete one of the GTA series without Cheat before?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by enell, Oct 5, 2014.

1. FenWoFon

FenWoFon New Member

I did not really try to pass the game without cheats, I think it would have been so hard, the difficulty of the game without cheats was kinda high and I was just a kid when I first tried to finish the game, however I could try it now a days if I wanted to.

2. C.J

C.J New Member

The main story line of GTA:SA I got through and eventually worked up to 100%.
    I would pop in a cheat sometimes to mess about but I would never save the game after as I really wanted 100%.

I loved the game so much I wanted it to last, that and some cheats do make the game worse as the risk is part of the fun.

I'd probably be more likely to cheat if the game wasn't so open and you had nothing else to do but push on through the missions.

3. JusApee

JusApee New Member

Yes, I've been able to complete both GTA: SA and GTA V without the use of cheats. After completing San Andreas with cheats, I realized that it was pretty dull and I started it over without the use of HESOYAM or ROCKETMAN. It was a lot more challenging and definitely more fun.

4. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I beat GTAV and IV without cheats. I like using cheats for the post-game in GTA because it gives you a chance to have everything and just create chaos to your liking. I don't see the point of using them during the story though.

5. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

It's actually the reverse for me. I started out CHEATS GALORE, then for GTA 4 and all its expansions, I never used a cheat. I found that it's more interesting to finish quests normally, with the life bars and limited ammo, rather than go full Superman on every enemy you see. It's just too easy that way, and I got bored after a while. With no cheats, I can play normally, and let my skill do all the talking for me, which is actually pretty rewarding once you are done.

6. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I completed Vice City without cheats. I completed all the missions, but I wasn't able to get 100% game completion. I think I missed some of the rampages.

7. moneyman

moneyman New Member

I actually one played the game through 100% without using any cheat codes. That surely was an adventure demanding some patience and time but I think it was worth it and more exciting than playing with cheat codes. With cheat codes a player is practically cheating him/herself.

8. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I never understood why people needed cheats to complete the game. There are always 3-4 missions that were really tough, but are doable. I completed all the GTA games without cheats. The closest to cheating I got to was watching some walk through videos for some missions.

9. Henry

Henry New Member

I finished it once with all the cheats, and it was fun. But this time I'm trying to do everything by the book. I don't know why, but every time I finish a game by cheating, I feel like a rat.

10. jonthai

jonthai New Member

I actually didn't! As soon as I joined the game, I would immediately use cheats and rumble around the city.First thing I would do was to kill whores on the streets,steal cars, and drive crazy.Sometimes when I ran out of things to do I would try to complete the story line,but eventually I would just give up.

11. EleGiggle

EleGiggle New Member

I do not use cheats for the missions, because I think a big part of GTA in general for me is that there are so many challenging missions out there, and by cheating it would feel like it just takes the fun part away. Also, I am a very competitive and ambitious person so cheating is not what I like to do.
    A big reason to why I do not cheat is an old friend of mine, who influenced me a lot when I was younger. He started playing GTA before I did, so I saw him as the 'experienced' guy and he completely despised cheating.

12. Westwood

Westwood New Member

All of them, campaign-wise at least. I did use guides for collectibles, as I'm not a fan of such exploration, despite loving collecting things. But cheats never apart from just having fun at the end of the gaming session, before quitting without saving my game.

13. buster

buster New Member

Yeah, pretty much the same here. I love exploration though and collectibles have always been the most favorite part of GTA for me, but sometimes they're just so well hidden you need a guide.

14. Haroon

Haroon New Member

I have completed GTA Vice city,GTA III and GTA IV without using any kind of cheats.I don't like to use cheat because I always want to my natural skills.We should always finish the games by playing honestly not by using any cheats.

15. walter12

walter12 Active Member

The only i have ever completed fairly was GTA SA.

16. sidney

sidney Member

I also completed GTA 3 honestly as well, but that's because I wasn't aware that there were cheats for it online back then, lol.

17. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

I was never able to complete a GTA series period, let alone not using a cheat code.

18. overcast

overcast Member

Not planning to use cheats ever. There does not seem to be any benefit from that. I have learned that some games are worth playing without cheats. As that's the way they are more fun of and worth playing.

19. sidney

sidney Member

I beg to disagree. The life and weapon cheat are quite beneficial when doing missions. It also saves you time.

20. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Not only that but without it it gets boring for me.