Did anyone think this was Scarface only with you surviving and not getting addicted to drugs?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by Thomas Hall, May 4, 2016.

1. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

In this game Tommy is betrayed by the mafia family he is from by Sonny and blamed for the drug money which got stolen and has to work hard to own the city and does not get addicted to the drugs, as that is what got Tony from Scarface in trouble was going wild in the end. In this game Tommy faces all opposition and ends up owning a lot of property and also making good money only thing he was not giving any money to the mafia family who probably would of taken him out once he owned the place and own it for themselves as the first video in the game implies that they will let him take care of business. There are even references to Scarface and the mansion even looks like it and also you feel like you are in the game as Tommy and once you own it you even have henchmen and feel like the king of the city.

2. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

They are very similar stories. I had scarface the game for ps2 and they are basically the same game. The games are so similar that I thought it was a Rockstar game.

3. sidney

sidney Member

Scarface is quite an overhyped film, but I still haven't watched it yet, so I can't really comment on that. However, I enjoyed playing the game very much.

4. Fermin420

Fermin420 New Member

It certainly has some similarities with scarface but I wouldn't say it's only about that movie. I remember at the time, my friends and I found some similarities with other mafia movies and real life cases but I can't pinpoint them anymore.

5. buster

buster New Member

Well, yes. Tommy Vercetti is based on Tony Montana and the whole game is heavily influenced by Scarface.

6. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Member

Definitely.

7. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Member

True.

8. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

Now that you mentioned it, they do seem eerily similar. Vice City took its inspiration from many genres so I wouldn't be surprised if Scarface influenced parts of the story.

9. walter12

walter12 Active Member

I think it did influence the story a lot

10. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

Yeah I said that already.