Community

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by Brem, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Brem

Brem Member

Anyone here a fan of Community? I simply love this show, it's become one of my new favorites, right next to Flight of the Conchords. Anyways, it's back for a 5th season sometime soon, not sure when, but it'll happen and I can't wait to see where it goes. Season 4 wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Dan Harmon was kicked off as show runner so the show lacked it's brilliance that season, but he's back for season 5 and I expect it to be as good as the first 3 seasons.

Anyways discuss this awesome show. :D

2. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

I love Community. I didn't watch a lot of last season, one reason being Chevy Chase wasn't in most of it.
    But I'll be sure to tune in once the new season starts up.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I've seen all of them, but season 4 was a let down. It's entirely Chevy Chase's fault.

4. derezzed

derezzed New Member

I skipped the recent season after watching the first two episodes, but cannot wait for the new season to start up.

5. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

Yes! Excited for it to come back, even though Don Glover won't be around either anymore. I just wonder how that'll go with the whole Troy and Abed thing?

6. jcairns82

jcairns82 Member

I didn't hate Season 4, but it definitely had a different tone and felt like the writers were trying to please the fans too much. Which is hard to blame them, they were handed a show that wasn't their own and wanted to succeed. I just hope that Dan doesn't spend too much time giving little winks to his hatred of last season in this new season. Last season happened, let's acknowledge that, and move on.

7. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

I actually went to watch season 4 today and realized I'd seen the entire season already. That's how dull it was; I forgot I even saw it.

8. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

I loved the first three seasons, but season 4 was just too much. It should've ended on season 3 - reviving it for another season was a terrible idea.

9. Mason

Mason Member

I liked season 4. I'll admit, it wasn't on par with the first 3 seasons, but it had its moments and I enjoyed some of it. Though I'm sad to see Chevy Chase go, Donald Glover will only be in a portion of the episodes this season, not sure how many, but it'll be sad to see him go. Maybe he can return for a season 6 if possible.

I hear he's getting his own show anyways, I'd be interested in seeing that.

10. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

I quite enjoyed 4 myself, but definitely agree that it wasn't on par with the rest.

I adored the last episode of season 3, where they originally thought it was their finale. Wrapped everything up and was just a really great episode.

11. randee555

randee555 Member

I have seen a few episodes of Community but it wasn't what I thought it would be at all. It has some funny points but I just can't see myself going out of my way to watch it.

12. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I've heard it's really funny but It's not on netflix so I haven't really gotten around to watching anything more then a few clips.

13. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I love Community. Season 2 was the highlight but season five is bringing back the standard that community should be at. Dan Harmon is a genius. If you like Community I recommend you watch Rick and Morty.

14. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I haven't yet seen Community yet. I've been looking for a good sitcom series to get invested into. Uh, Arrested Development was the last one I saw and I really do need to see some new sitcoms. I've been wondering whether to see New Girl because Zooey Deschanel. Enough said right there. Community looks fun, Joel McHale seems like a very cool, charismatic guy with a douchebag presence like Robert Downey Jr. Perfect, I love Robert and I hope Joel McHale can sort of translate that persona onto the tv screen with greatness. I know the TV show has a cult following, because the show almost got cancelled and it did then Yahoo picked it up, I think? This show better be good if went through that all.

15. wulfman

wulfman Member

I liked the first season and then it kind of got boring. Actually I'm surprised it was renewed for more seasons and still going.

16. Askani

Askani Member

Loved it til season 4 and Harmon was gone. The writers tried to write what they knew the fans liked where Harmon wrote stories about things you didn't even know you liked til you saw it. Hopefully the new season on Yahoo will rock. Not really sure how it is going to work with Yahoo but I am eager to find out.