Classic Racing Game That Needs to be Rebooted

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by JoshPosh, Nov 11, 2014.

1. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

I saw some people referring to nostalgia in the posts and I agree. But that's why I listed some of the games that I did. They were not only nostalgic but also more than likely the first of their kind. It seemed that every month or so a new really cool game took over at the arcade and older games fell towards the back of the room. I think any updated versions of anything have to have some respect for what came before it.

2. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

Would you guys considered Rally X a racing game? If so, bring that back! I wouldn't mind seeing what three dimensional graphic could do to that game. If a top down, 2D can get your heart pumping, imagine what that would do for THAT game!?

3. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

How would you guys feel about a more modern Micromachines?
    They wouldn't need to update the graphics too much, just keep it all cartoony and keep the same quality of handling of the cars.

4. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

How about Jaguar XJ-220 that was released on the Commodore Amiga. Man, I used to love that game when it first came out. I wouldn't mind having a New updated version of that game, I imagine it would be pretty cool. Of course, the music was a big part of that game too and was fantastic.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I would love to see a Road Rash reboot. I think it's great concept and it's surprising that no one has copied it until now. The closest is Twisted Metal but it's not the same without the racing aspect.

6. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'd have to agree with Road Rash over any other candidate!

7. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Maybe not classic as in old, but classic as actually good. Need for Speed Most Wanted (the 2005 one) could really use a remastered edition. Given that this year will mark its 10 year anniversary, I'm really hoping that EA have made devs work on this game, as a remake of that would be heavenly for me.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I really want to see this. That's the version I loved the most and to be able to play it on wide screen with better graphics would be glorious. They don't even really need to put in anything else

9. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I used to play Burnout. I think I had Burnout: Dominator on my PSP. Not sure if the game series is still going or not though.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think the last one was on ps3 and they released it way back so I doubt they will make another one. I'd really love to see them make another one that's closer to the ones on ps2.

11. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Do you remember the name of that game? I'd probably consider buying it, just to add it to my collection!

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think it's called burnout paradise and it's also available on steam for a very cheap price by now. I'm just waiting to get a new laptop myself so I could finally try it out there.

13. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

All the Burnout games were good man. It looks like the titles disappeared because I never found them anywhere.

14. Druqz

Druqz New Member

Yeah, I agree. This game does indeed deserve a reboot. Actually quite a few games have gotten reboots and people love that (not racing games only). I wonder why NFS Underground 2 didn't get one...

15. niiro17

niiro17 Member

BurnOut would be nice. I love that game, I played that on PS2 and it was almost a decade ago. I want to play it again but with nice graphics.