Classic Racing Game That Needs to be Rebooted

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by JoshPosh, Nov 11, 2014.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

There were a bunch of classic games that I thought could be rebooted or redone with the more recent gaming consoles. I though RC Pro Am for the NES had promising features and I would love to see an updated version of it.

Does any classic racing games come to your mind?

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Daytona USA Deluxe, it was my favorite racing game back at the arcades!

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

I forgot about that one. I had the Sega Saturn version and I was decent at the time of its release. I just wish the audio was different when playing the game. That guy singing Daytona the whole time was irritating.

4. BluBird

BluBird Member

Ninja Theory needs to reboot the racing genre with emo cars.

5. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

What about cruising the USA. It was that game that was on the n64. For some dress on to me I think that the game was really fun and it was one of those games that me and my buddies use to spend hours and hours playing.

6. shreklock

shreklock Member

I agree, I would love to play this game again. Though I don't think it's going to happen any time soon, not a lot of people are requesting it.

7. BRyze

BRyze Member

Hear me out here, it's going to sound crazy. Road Rash was a great game series. For those of you that don't remember, the objective was a motorcycle race but you were allowed to attack other riders with punches, kicks, weapons or anything else. It was just a fun game I could spend hours playing with friends.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I like the the Burnout games on PS2 and I really wish they would revert back to that type of formula. It's not that I'm against drastic changes but I just loved it so much and never really saw much wrong in the mechanics. I especially loved Crash in that game so I hope they bring it back.

9. moaz13

moaz13 Member

WipeOut...
    Also I'd like a full on remake of the original Most Wanted, I really enjoyed my time with that back in the day

10. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I would also like to see Road Rash rebooted, it was one of the most fun games that I ever played (until that time I played it of course). It would be cool to see how it would change if the rebooted it, not gameplay wise, but more graphic wise. Still looking for this day to come, it might never come, but we can still hope for it :D

11. BatDash

BatDash New Member

Not too sure if it fits into this category, but I'd love to see Cel Damage Overdrive rebooted. I'm a huge fan of arcadish racing, even with cartoon characters and worlds, and this game for the PS2 was by far one of my favourites. I enjoyed every single character in the game, the races were immensely fun, the battles, and even the capture the flag games were also extremely inticing. I'd mark out if they ever did reboot the series. It was intended to receive a sequel, but they ended up cancelling it, which broke me. </3

12. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

Excitebike! It was one of my first racing games, and it was so much fun. They made a World Rally Excitebike, but I wasn't really a fan of it, and it seems the franchise is dying. If they ever remake excitebike, they should keep the isometric view, but have next gen graphics, and maybe have a little bit of Trials-esque driving mechanics.

13. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Yes! I'm definitely on board with that. There are a bunch of classics I'd love to see rebooted though, I have a soft spot for that sort of thing :).

Wubwub likes this.
  14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think many of the fans would appreciate that and I'm glad you reaffirmed it for me. The original games were just so fresh and original and overall just very well made which is why I wonder why they chose to deviate so drastically but like I said I accept it and I don't consider it that bad anyway.

JessiFox likes this.
  15. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

Uhh, how come nobody mentioned Need for Speed: Underground 2? Nobody considers it a classic racing game? Well, even if it wasn't a classic game, there needs to be a reboot of that game. The recent NFS games could even compare to that. None of the newer ones offer such customization and fun factor that it has offered. Some of them have tried, some of them didn't even try, but none came close to it.

16. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

POLE POSITION! Unless that's already happened than nevermind.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You're right. I think excitebike would be cool as hell to see rebooted. I'm sure they would do a good job on it too if they tried it. I just hope whoever does it eventually doesn't change too much of the game.

18. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

I loved excitebike! That one really could use a reboot! I would totally play it.

19. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

Did that one have a seat? What was the one that had a built in seat with half a bike/motorcycle sticking out of it?

20. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

It was either last year or the year before we bought a classic game console at the drug store, I think Walgreens. It had about 25 games built in and only one was a race game. I think it was F1 racing or a form of it. The games were all classic but the console only lasted a couple of months. I wish I had that back and I'd hang up my PS3 for a week or two!

JessiFox likes this.