Bluetooth Multiplayer Mobile Games

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Wubwub, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Anyone here have any nice bluetooth or LAN multiplayer capable games you would recommend? I've researched and come across a couple that are alright but a little boring, and at this point, I'm a bit tired of downloading and deleting so I'm hoping to hear some suggestions you guys might have. Any genre would be appreciated but if possible I'd like something other than puzzle or racing games.

2. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I use to play NBA 2K13 on my ipod with my friends. Using the bluetooth on a iPod however was pretty cool if the other person had one as well. However it kind of got hard to keep the connection, and I don't know why but for some reason the bluetooth kind of lags too.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That's a terrible shame. I had imagined bluetooth gaming would have less lag since it's what's used for controllers and it's not like anyone else would be using the connection. Also, I remember playing two player on my old PSP with my friend, but now that I think of it, I don't think that was bluetooth particularly. Anyway, thanks for your recommendation!

Hope to hear more from our other members. :)

4. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Virtua Tennis offers a great multiplayer experience via BlueTuooth. It has very little lag. Up to four people could hook up simultaneously and play a doubles tennis match. It's one of my favorite games and it also offers some of the best multiplayer modes around.

My only gripe? I wish it also allowed multiplayer via WiFi.

Wubwub likes this.
  5. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

That looks promising. Does it offer cross-platform gaming?

6. Dez97

Dez97 Member

Sorry the only one I know of are racing games.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@Ghost Rider - I know of this game and I love it! I didn't know it was available for mobile. I used to play this a lot with my brother on our PSPs way back when, so I'm sure he'll be glad to see this again as well. Thanks!

8. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I was never really a fan of bluetooth mobile games. I feel that the connection sucks most of the time. I usually just play the Wi-Fi games or just singleplayer.

9. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I have never played any bluethooth multiplayer mobile games before. I don't think the connection will be very good and therefore I prefer Wi-Fi games for multiplayer. Bluethooth needs to be improved to enable stronger signal strength and more bandwidth to enable smooth gaming.

10. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

If I recall correctly, I believe that COD Nazi Zombies has bluetooth capability. I remember playing with my iPod in the car with my friend. The connection was really really weak though, so we usually just play on Wi-fi at my house.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@kaitheteen thanks for the recommendation I'll be checking it out soon. How unfortunate that Bluetooth isn't as good as wifi because I was really hoping to use it without internet but I guess it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the recommendations so far, everyone, I'll be checking them out and please keep the suggestions coming.