Best way to get money at the start?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by burtpovski, May 4, 2015.

1. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I heard that killing civilians for their money is a good way to "farm" up some money at the start. Then later on in the game, there are better options.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

2. Corten

Corten Member

That, or you can do missions, I never really farmed money at the start. Missions gave more than enough money, especially if you had to kill someone, they usually drop a bundle of money, so extra cash.

3. tibz1337

tibz1337 New Member

It really depends. Are we talking about Online or Singleplayer? In single-player you should just play the story because at the end you'll have more than you can count ;). Online you should just do your jobs, races, etc and you'll eventually have alot of money

4. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I think the best way to make money in this game is to do the missions. You could find other ways of getting it, but they won't be as effective as following the story is.

In my opinion you shouldn't worry about making money in the beginning, just play the game, have fun and the money will roll in.

5. TitanDolphin1

TitanDolphin1 New Member

What you should do is do the daily objectives, they pay around 20k for about 3 minutes work in my opinion that's a great deal. Something else I used to do was use contact mission in quick job. Sometimes this method can put you in a high level job which can lead to you getting a lot of cash and rp. Or you could get some playlists together and get some friends to play with you you'll have a great time doing this since it's fun and it can earn you a lot if you win.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I was going to say in single player the missions are probably the biggest earners.

Online on the other hand, the daily objective is the first thing I try and do aswell now since they brought it in. It was a good addition from rockstar.

7. rightct

rightct New Member

Unless you want to use cheats, just do the initial missions. If you don't advance, you won't find any use for that money. Content unlocks by playing.

8. sidney

sidney Member

I think doing the missions are enough if you want to acquire money in the game. You don't need that much money anyway in the beginning of the game. When I come across someone, I just shoot them though if I feel like it. So that's extra money for me.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Killing people for money isn't really that worh it. You should focus on finishing your missions if you want a lot of cash to work with!
    Also, robbing places is fun and can get you a lot of money!

10. Susime

Susime Active Member

In single player go through the missions to get cash but if you just want to roam around and get small amounts then rob shops, wait for people to use the ATM machines, and the most profitable way, rob the security trucks and pick up the briefcase which gives you anywhere from 2000 - 8000.

1 person likes this.
  11. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

Missions is the general way.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The security vans are always good, like a few people have said but the problem I always have is actually finding them. Sometimes you can drive round for literally hours and not see any.

Is there any particular places where they're usually around or is it just a case of luck?

13. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Seems like doing missions is the best way eh? Maybe I should try that instead of just going on a huge killing spree!

14. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

I would say it would be a case of luck since you don't actually know where they would come up at. I think it's better to actually do missions and then along the way if you find some, that's lucky.

15. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

Doing missions is the way to go. If Kills come up it's a bonus. You can rob shops and stuff but that isn't as productive.

16. Shimus

Shimus New Member

Online, just have some friends with you and power through some Wave Event Shooting missions. They give refilled ammo and tons of cash. I used to farm them to buy most everything.

17. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

I've noticed though there are a lot of hackers on there that give away free money. I don't know how they do it.

18. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

I would say either doing good missions or going after citizens. Those are usually the easiest ways.

19. demitri

demitri Member

In my opinion, the best way to get money in this game is to complete your missions and the second way is to steal it from people. You can also rob people or shop.

20. overcast

overcast Member

I think missions is the only good way to get the money from the start. And things just roll over from there. I'd say some of the time such missions can be fun.