Best Racing Games that you can play online?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by elmarianexx, Jul 24, 2015.

1. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I need some recommendations, I want to play racing games online, anybody have any ideas and links to websites where I can play some?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Do you mean games that you can play in your browser or games that you can play online with other players? The Crew is really good if you meant the latter.

troutski likes this.
  3. troutski

troutski Active Member

Yeah...not specific enough. That's a broad question with a limitless number of answers. Clarify, please.

4. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Games that you can play with other players were on my mind, I am going to check The Crew out,
    any other recommendations you could give me?

5. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Like I wrote above I meant racing games that you can play with other players, sorry for not making it clear.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'll always recommend the Forza series. Forza Motorsport if you want motorsport track racing, and Horizon if you want racing around city streets and off road racing. The best part about the Forza series is you can upgrade your cars to pretty much how you like, and you can use the livery tool to paint and decorate your car however you like. Really great series. You can pick up Forza Motorsport 5 relatively cheap now, but Forza Motorsport 6 is due out in September so it might be worth the wait for that.

7. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

@Susume, thank you very much for the recommendation. I will definitely check out that game, and see other people's reviews due to it. Do you know how much it costs exactly (Forza Motorsport 5), and is it possible to download it online?

8. spence88

spence88 Member

Sorry to bump this old topic, but I want to give a heads up to anyone who'll read this in the future. My answer would be: it depends on your internet connection! If your internet has some lag spikes or intermittent connection issue, then any online game might not be a pleasant gaming experience for you. Nevertheless, to answer the question, I guess as a Nintendo fan, Mario Kart 7 or 8 is the way to go :)
    The Mario Kart community is still alive and kicking and there are still a lot of players you can play with. Getting a full party is very easy to obtain.

9. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

There was this old one, It was like crash test 3-D and you get to crash this old Camaro into the street with a bunch of traffic cars passing by. It was fun but an old game.

10. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

When do most people in the Mario Kart community get online because when I get online I feel like I have to wait 15 minutes just to get some other players in on the action.

11. oldgamer

oldgamer New Member

Hello @sillylucy, what is your current time-zone? Maybe your can improve the situation if you sync with first world countries, where there are presumably more people with your game console and reliable internet access.

12. spence88

spence88 Member

@sillylucy
    That's strange. What Mario Kart are you playing? I'm from Asia but I haven't had any difficulty getting races when I get online. Almost always I get an 8-player race. (Yes, I do know that there are a lot of Japanese players - our time zones are synced, but the majority of the players I've played are not Japanese)

13. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Forza was fun playing online with other players. I remember the old Xbox live days with Forza. I can't believe I've never played Mario Kart online.

14. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Though the OP isn't looking for racing games which can be played in a browser, there are many online games which are just as good as any other game especially if all you want is to have some fun or if you've played the games you own to the point where you no longer enjoy the games that much. Shockwave has a number of great racing games.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You should try out asphalt on your phone so you can race with others whenever you feel like it wherever you are. I like to play some short races online whenever I have a few minutes free time and it's great. The controls are even good which is surprising for a mobile game.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While like you all say, there are a number of racing games available to play online, but are they even worth it?

I've always found that unless your playing with your friends, and they take the racing as serious as you, playing online is never a good experience as there's always one player that try's to spoil the race for everyone else.