Best new racing games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Sparkster, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Susime

Susime Active Member

Is that a mobile game?

I'm always wary of games that will require a lot of the hardware usage of the phone because it makes them get quite hot.

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yes it's a mobile game and it does have nice graphics but I don't think it makes the device hot. At least mine doesn't even after over an hour of gameplay.

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Project Cars is probably the best in my opinion. At least from the ones I've played. I want to check out Forza 6 eventually though.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Project cars does look very interesting and it is my top pick for what I will buy in terms of new generation racing games. I think they did great in making this game, enough to overshadow some of the bigger companies.

5. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

You can check out 'Need for Speed: Rivals. It's the twentieth installment of Need for Speed series. The game is pretty amazing. I was amazed by the graphics of the game and I love the background music of the game. I would highly recommend you to try this game. You will be definitely amazed by it.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I was very curious about this and I'm definitely getting it once I get a new console. I'm a bit skeptical about the use of video for cutscenes but I usually just skip those anyway.

7. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Actually, I loved the game. Project cars is the best game out there if you want to experience something new. Along with the games I recommended, you can also try this one.

8. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Asphalt is a mobile game. I would like to say you that it is one of the most wonderful car racing games out there. I would recommend you to play the game. The graphics of the game is absolutely stunning. I have played the game and I never experienced the 'hot' problem in my phone. Your phone is getting hot probably because of some other reasons.

9. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

Asphalt is one of the best series on the mobile market today. That is pretty much the first car series that comes in my mind other than Need for speed.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'm also a huge fan of Project cars, and I think in the next-gen consoles then that's about as good as it gets for now.

It's not perfect, and I'd still like to see more depth added to the game (aswell as more manufacturers, and their official support) but up to now that's about my favourite of the new breed of racing game I think.

11. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

There are rumors of a new racing game being made by the founders of Criterion Studios. Technically it's not a new racing but it's about to be one. They promised that it would be a "spiritual successor" of Burnout Paradise.

pwarbi likes this.
  12. raceman998

raceman998 Member

There are several upcoming racing game but I am eagerly waiting for Drift Stage. The trailer is so amazing and that is why I am eagerly waiting for this game. It will be released on 24 May, 2016.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Burbout Paradise for me, while it was a good game, seemed to get a lot more praise than what I thought it deserved though.

While there's no doubt it got the online play spot on, and the interaction between different drivers was good, as a stand alone racing game I thought the actual racing and control of the cars was a bit too bland and safe for my liking.

I'd welcome a sequel, but I just hope the gameplay elements are a little better.

Denis Hard likes this.
  14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree and I think for the mobile market it even surpasses need for speed as the standard for most. Whenever I look at phone reviews online they usually go with asphalt to test how well the phone runs games so I think it really is one of the more popular choices for the masses, and for good reason because it really is a very well made game.

15. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

iRacing has been around for a while. I think it gets updates regularly though, so I see where some may think it just came out recently. It's one of the truest racing simulators out there. It has a whole system where you get promoted based on skill level and due to the subscription costs, you'll find a lot serious sim racers on there.

16. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It's a legit racing simulator. Where it lacks in graphics, it makes up for it in the game play and the way the races are setup. You have to qualify for different licenses to move up to leagues where you will begin to race with some serious avid sim racing gamers. They'll penalize you for crashes and reckless driving. They are extremely serious about that kind of thing.

17. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

iRacing is definitely not for everyone. I'm a casual gamer, so I never got too serious with it and I just didn't have the money to continue paying for the subscription. You can easily rack up hundreds of dollars over a year. I definitely recommend it for those that are serious about racing simulators. It's definitely the most professional with the way they setup the whole license structure and the way they police the races.

18. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

You can use controllers in iRacing, but to get the full experience, they recommend using a wheel and pedal setup. You can get a solid one for less than $200. They are relatively inexpensive.

Wubwub likes this.
  19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That does sound tempting. I've never been that much into racing wheels but I suppose now would be a good time to give it another shot and see if I still feel the same. If I buy one my friends will probably get way more use out of it though because it's more their thing than mine but it would be nice to have something like that at home to entertain guests I suppose.

20. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It definitely takes time to get used to the wheel, but once you get a good feel for it, you'll never want to use a controller again for racing games. The issue is the cheaper wheels don't feel as realistic and aren't as responsive. That's where most of the complaints come from. If you have the money, it's best to buy a force feedback wheel. Unfortunately those cost around $300-$400.

Wubwub likes this.