Best Handheld Gaming Device?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by TheAspertarian, Oct 10, 2013.

1. TheAspertarian

TheAspertarian New Member

OK, I was doing a little wishlisting and ran across this 'review' of several handheld gaming devices. I admit, I don't have experience with all of the ones listed here, but something seems a little wonky.
    http://handheld-game-console-review.toptenreviews.com/
    What do you think? Is this a true, accurate and unbiased review or do you think it is slanted by Nintendo or some crazed fan? Inquiring minds want to know.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Seems fairly legit to me. Although I must say I've never seen anyone apart from my family with a PSP or Vita, yet everyone and their grandmas is packing a DS on the bus.

3. dailypost1

dailypost1 Member

Review page contains authentic criteria that does allow some legitimacy. But best of all search for any other reviews and find some comparisons.

4. Racer X

Racer X Member

^ I'd have to agree with that. The review didn't pander to Nintendo, it even derided a Nintendo handheld(the DS Lite) as the worst of the bunch. As for a crazed fan, I didn't get that feel, it felt like a genuine assessment to me. I couldn't personally speak to how accurate the actual ratings themselves are, I haven't played games on any of those devices. But from what I've heard from friends and relatives, I'd have to agree that the 3DS is one of the best out.

But as dailypost1 said, it'd be best to investigate further. You can't take one review as the be all and end all, it's best to find a few and then compare.

5. barneyjustice

barneyjustice New Member

Just as a briefing, a Play Station Portable is the only handheld gaming device which operates on an optical disc format, the Universal Media Disc, as its primary medium for storage of data.

6. nicotta

nicotta Member

Well I had the most memories with Nintendo Handhelds but I would have to say ps vita at the moment then comes psp.

7. sn1

sn1 Member

Well right now it would have to be the ps vita hands down. It has more features than any other handheld.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree with this statement. There is something good about the Nintendo DS that I'm just not getting, I think, as I've always favored Sony because I prefer their games over the cute ones that Nintendo usually puts out. They have some hardcore fans, though, so I'm not too surprised that DS comes out on top.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013