Best game of the series?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by Brem, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Brem

Brem Member

Now it's hard to say what GTA is my favorite, for me it might be GTA 3, but because it introduced me to the whole open world concept where you could actually do things outside of your car (Driver series had open worlds, but it didn't allow for the crazy stuff you could do in any of the GTA games starting with 3.).

But, do any of you guys consider San Andreas to be the best of the series? It was a really big game, had a lot of side stuff you could do and I had endless amounts of fun playing this back in 04 and it kind of changed the landscape for me. It is up there as one of my favorite games of all time for sure, surly above GTA IV. I just liked the added bonus of RPG stats and the amount of customization.

Anyways discuss away. :)

2. Gsand

Gsand New Member

Yeah, I too agree with Vice City being the best.

The Diaz episode, the new islands, the cars, everything was amazing at first sight.

I love GTA cause of its parallelism with the modern world. For me, San Andreas was a step back in that direction.

3. TopRacer

TopRacer New Member

San Andreas has been the best for me. Sure, IV beats it with graphics etc but the nostalgia I get from playing san andreas is incredible. The hours of fun I had playing on it and messing around... There was so much to do, that even GTA IV lacked!

4. Niko49

Niko49 New Member

For it's time, San Andreas was unbeatable. But in terms of gameplay/graphics and playability for me GTA IV has been the best so far. San Andreas was incredible though, just a shame it's a little outdated now.

5. junkie087

junkie087 New Member

I have to agree with you, San Andreas was pretty cool, in fact it is still but I guess the GTA IV for has some advancements made into the game so it is better, and I have to say the game will improve with GTA V

6. JoshSmith

JoshSmith New Member

In my opinion San Andreas is indeed the best game of the Grand Theft Auto series. This game provided me with endless fun and is one of my favorite games all time.

7. sos

sos New Member

For me San Andreas is the best GTA game there is . The wide range that a player is given in terms of the map. Finally the loads of fun I had just playing the game is unmatchable.

8. Jmclark

Jmclark New Member

While most people preferred SA, my favorite was GTA IV. It might be because it was my first, and the one I've played the most, but it's just so much fun. Especially because it has online, unlike the other ones.

9. NatureSun

NatureSun New Member

For me it's definitely San Andreas. It was my first proper GTA game and I was instantly in love with it.

I couldn't imagine that such a game existed. We could enter every car, many buildings, build muscles, fat and what not!

Really loved the game and still do. I still play it from time to time. The level of customization that game had is still unmatched and hopefully only GTA V will ever overtake it.

10. bknight

bknight New Member

As I prefer the city environment over the hoods, I need to call IV here, but San Andreas did make a point bringing massive features, going to the gym working out, riding bmx and learning martial arts was so awesome!

11. sos

sos New Member

That is exactly how I felt about the game also. You really felt that you are not In an unrealistic realm like the other installments of the series. What especially appealed to be was the fact the environment was so varied that you just in a city. That game rocked for me and I play it often from time to time.

12. ashishkashyap25

ashishkashyap25 New Member

GTA-SA being the best as yet for me, I loved vice city too. The cars the graphics all were awesome in vice city but the feel which GTA-SA creates, vice city not.
    There is a magic in everything of SA, whether it is the start up music or the city. All is above all.
    So for me, Its the San Andreas.

13. unitedfandoc

unitedfandoc New Member

I really like San Andreas but Vice City is definitely my favorite game of the series. It's really difficult to say which one is the 'best' game as it's always up for opinion. For me, Vice City edges it on storyline, setting and soundtrack but San Andreas wins on mission quality and longevity.

14. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Undoubtedly GTA San Andreas for me. It was a really fun game to play. The serious gimmick of the GTA IV didn't sit well with me.

15. Scottf14

Scottf14 New Member

Vice City was my favorite setting. It just screamed 'theme'. Everything was perfect, including the music. If only it could have had the advanced mechanics that came later in the series. Give in PS4 or Xbox One graphics on top of that.. it would probably be the best period.

I'd like a GTA where I can just create my own main character and have him or her work their way up the mean streets or whatever.

16. Nub_Cannon

Nub_Cannon New Member

I used to like Vice city the most but now GTA V is my favorite, there is just so much more you can do. The game won't get boring for a long time.

17. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

Its a toss up for me between Vice City or SA I like Vice City more for the atmosphere the music, but I like SA more for the story.

18. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I was hooked on Vice City and loved Liberty City Stories. I wasn't so into III because it had a cartoonish feel, but when San Andreas came out, my mind was blown! I am from LA and to see so many familiar locations just made me super giddy. I also learned a lot about my city from the game. Now when I get lost I just think of GTASA and find my way home. lol

19. Chaos

Chaos Member

Well if you asked me this a few months ago I would say San Andreas, but after playing GTA V and enjoying every minute of gameplay I will say that this is the best. San Andreas takes the second place and Liberty City the third.

20. Racer X

Racer X Member

Man. Vice City introduced me to the series but San Andreas was my favorite to play.

I agree 100% that San Andreas took a step backward in regard to realism(even though the whole series in general was a bit fantastical), but that's honestly what made it fun for me. Throwing on a jet pack and blowing up squad cars from dozens of feet up in the air has to be a top 5 video game moment of all time for me.