Best city yet?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by TopRacer, Aug 6, 2013.

1. TopRacer

TopRacer New Member

In my opinion, San Andreas has been the best city yet. Even better than Vice city and Liberty City. The environment was so rich and there was a balance of town and countryside which was good.

2. Niko49

Niko49 New Member

I think it is too :)

I think it will change though come GTA V with Los Santos. I liked how there was a mixture of fields/water/desert/town and I like how rockstar are doing it again with GTA V. Liberty City in IV is second for me, as there was a lot to do in the city.

3. Mr. Bellic

Mr. Bellic New Member

San Andreas was certainly one of my favorite locations in any game. So full of stuff to do. I hope V has the massive world I long for and if it's anything in look and style like Red Dead Redemption, than it's going to be so darn beautiful. Liberty City was great as well, but SA is it for me. Vice City was pretty cool as well, even though it was quite small compared to the others.

4. drake42

drake42 New Member

San Andreas is great as compared to Liberty City and Vice City of course, I got hooked to it very much until the GTA IV came out

5. Niko49

Niko49 New Member

I hope they bring some of the graphics of RDR into GTA V as well. The water and sunsets were amazing in the game, as were the tree's. A lot of people have said the same thing and RDR's graphics look so much better than GTA IV's.

6. Mikey87

Mikey87 New Member

I would have to agree that San Andreas has been the best city so far in the Grand Theft Auto series. I did enjoy Vice City alot, but San Andreas got me more engaged and I remember more about the city than Vice City.

7. darkdevil

darkdevil New Member

San Andreas graphic is still one of the best in this series after GTA IV

8. elise_dark

elise_dark New Member

I actually enjoyed Vice City the most. Perhaps because that was my first game and I've had so much fun there.

But San Andreas is probably objectively a better city.

9. Thomas

Thomas New Member

I can't choose between San Andreas and Vice City, they're both very impressive.

10. Fiverr

Fiverr New Member

San Andreas all the way! ;)

11. Californiasurfer

Californiasurfer New Member

San Andreas! You can't really argue anything else to be honest. It basically has everything. A lot of action, a lot of variety and a general nice feeling to it. Its the crowning jewel on the GTA series in my opinion.

12. Luke

Luke New Member

A bit old...

I Vote for San Andreas ;

13. Enthusiast

Enthusiast New Member

I totally agree. I could run around the San Andreas map for hours. And I'd always find something cool that I hadn't seen before. The landscape was just fun

14. Joshua Marx

Joshua Marx New Member

I loved the landscape that was in San Andreas. It was a good balance of City, Desert, Countryside, and water. :)

15. sos

sos New Member

I would have to agree with you there. That balance made it feel very realistic and gave me a wide scope to explore. Furthermore, in the game access to jets is given unlike previous versions. Its just a superb setting greatest city for me.

16. NatureSun

NatureSun New Member

Well...San Andreas isn't a city it's a State. But definitely it was THE best location any game has had till now.

That's why I'm so happy that GTA V is returning to San Andreas' Los Santos. I hope it can recreate the amazing feel of SA.

17. sidd230

sidd230 Member

There was something to the 80's feeling of Vice City. Rockstar did a really good job with that one. The nostalgia was strong.

18. BCH

BCH New Member

I think I agree with this. The sheer size of it was amazing but also the attention to detail was breathtaking also. The plentiful number of options in modes of transport, the unique identity each city in the region had and the contrast between urban and rural settings were all completely unprecedented. I think it might be my favorite setting for any video game ever.

19. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

I think San Andreas was the better overall city thanks to its size and the freedom it gave the players but I personally like Vice City more because of the nostalgia attached with it. There is a level of familiarity attached to the place which makes playing the game all the more entertaining.

20. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

For me it's a tough one I love San Andreas as well as Vice City, I think both should get remade with up to date graphics that would be cool if they did that!