Asphalt Nitro: Have You Played It?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by troutski, Aug 3, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

Asphalt Nitro isn't really the successor to Asphalt 8: Airborne, but it is the newest game in the Asphalt franchise. It's toned down from previous games graphics-wise. The game is still pretty fun. Have you given it a shot yet?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I haven't heard of it until now, but I've heard mix opinions about this game. Have you played it already? Do you like the game or is it simply just a worse, toned down Asphalt 8?

troutski likes this.
  3. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's a toned down Asphalt 8, but that's not the draw of the game. It takes less resources to play (for older or lower powered devices), and the download is a mere 15MB. That's why I call it a non-successor to Asphalt 8. Nitro isn't designed to be the next big Asphalt game. It's just something similar that takes up far less data.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Oh, ok, I understand now. 15 MB is very little and I think the game is going to run amazing on older devices. I'll maybe give it a try in the future, although I don't really feel like playing it if it doesn't bring anything new to the table.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

That's a good point. It would run pretty well on devices with weaker MediaTek or Snapdragon chips with lower-powered GPUs.

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I have purchased and downloaded the game when I first heard about it on this forum about a week back. After a week of playing it, I must say it's amazing! This is the most fun I've had with a racing game on mobile devices ever since I played Need for Speed: Most Wanted. The fact that it only takes 15 MB is also a huge pro for me, as I have very limited space on my phone.

7. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Yes, I download the game after my friend recommended it to me. The game was really amazing. I really enjoyed it. It was one of the best games that I ever tried. It is one of the best games with very 'tiny' size.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't like it as much as the original but I do appreciate how well it still plays given the smaller file size. Also I like the car selection in this one and I hope they could bring some of it over to the original game too.

9. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

I heard about it like a month ago and downloaded it straight ahead, played it like a week or so and stopped playing it, the game somehow became boring for me, out of that it is a cool game, I definitely prefer the original one but this one was lit too.

10. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

Yes I have tried Asphalt Nitro and I really enjoyed it! I liked and enjoyed the graphics but the game play can get boring pretty quick. It tends to get a bit repetitive.

11. spence88

spence88 Member

Yeah (the mobile one), I found it here in this forum (a separate thread). It was highly recommended by the OP. The game is only 15mb. I got curious so I checked it out and was blown away by how good it is for a 15mb game (although it was 25mb when I downloaded it). But yeah, a mobile game is a mobile game. No way it can compare to the PC version.

12. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Yes, I have played this game and I would rate it 9/10. The best fact about this game it's small size. We should really appreciate the developers for making this amazing game with a low file size. By the way, the graphics was also decent. I love the environment of the game.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I also prefer the original but I guess they just made the best out of making a smaller version of it. I can appreciate it since I don't have that much space free and their old game was taking up so much space that I had to delete it eventually along with all my progress unfortunately.

14. Maddogg401

Maddogg401 New Member

Yes I just loved Asphalt Nitro! I don’t know what black magic they used to reduce it to such a size, but it works, the graphics are so awesome, the cars are so detailed and so similar to the main game is really a marvel how they managed to compress so much into such a small size, I really enjoyed it in my now ancient Moto G.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Yes I have and I liked it too. I downloaded it a while ago and played it for a good amount of time, and then I moved on. I would certainly recommend it though and it was one of the better mobile games that I have played in a while...it was pretty simple and straightforward with good graphics.

16. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

No, I haven't played this just yet but I have been playing Asphalt 8 on Windows 10, as I recently bought a new laptop and it was free to download from Microsoft Store. I'm guessing Asphalt Nitro is more specifically catered to mobile devices, seeing as it has been pointed out that it's something similar which takes up less space and uses less resources. Is this available for Android? If so, I might give it a shot.