Asphalt Nitro: Download From Gameloft Today!

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by troutski, Aug 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

You can't download Asphalt Nitro in the Google Play Store. Currently, the game is only available through Gameloft directly, which is somewhat interesting. So don't be surprised if you're looking for Nitro in the Play Store and never find it. ;)

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

How do we go about downloading the game from Gameloft? Do we just enter the site and we'll download an APK or is it something more complicated?

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Hmm, this makes me wonder why it's not on Google Play. Did they break some kind of terms with Google's service? Was the game not accepted by Google because of poor quality? Or did they simply want to cut the tax Google charges them and start selling through their own service?

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

Probably none of those. Getting an app approved to the Google Play Store is literally as simple as putting the app on the Play Store. It's just a unique way to drive sales directly to Gameloft instead of going through Google, the middleman.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, I don't really understand the approach. They already have a pretty big fanbase on Google Play, so making this game exclusive via their site isn't a really smart move. There are probably other reasons.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've never heard of a company going about it this way before. I don't have an android but I'm curious to test it for myself. I don't even know how you would download a game directly from a website to your phone without going through the official store lol.

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

Developers split revenue with Google on the Play Store. Developers keep everything through their own channels. It's that simple.

9. troutski

troutski Active Member

A lot of companies drive downloads of their apps through their own websites, even if it's by linking to an app store. It's not an uncommon practice.

As for downloading apps outside of the Play Store, an Android device simply needs to have third-party, non-Play Store downloads enabled.

10. troutski

troutski Active Member

On iOS, it's not possible to download apps outside of the App Store because Apple keeps a tight control over its ecosystem, which does come with its benefits.

I'm assuming Windows Phone 8 doesn't allow for such downloads either. I don't know for sure, though.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I understand that and I see where you're coming from, but I as well as probably a lot of people didn't hear about this game. I imagine they lose out on a lot of sales if this is the case.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I see. I am completely clueless about this since on ios all you can really download from is the store itself and even if you get the link from a website you're just being redirected to the App Store. I guess android is much more flexible.

13. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

This post is too old. Now, Asphalt : Nitro is not only available on Gameloft but also available on Google play. This game is really amazing with a tiny size. I would highly recommend this game to anyone.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've gotten to try it out and I enjoyed it just as much as the original version. I couldn't figure out how to change the controls at first though so I had to deal with tilt which I kind of hate.

15. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

I was 100 percent sure it was in google play, now I realize why I could not download it the last day, however, thank you for sharing the info, will give it atry later.

16. GenevB

GenevB Member

I think that I'll simply download the game from some apk specialized sites, the game is pretty old now, and I don't think anyone minds me download it from a non-official source and not paying for it. Anyway I have paid gameloft in the last years more than enough for what they had to offer.

17. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I have heard good things from the asphalt series and would most likely give it a go and try it out sometime in the future. Thanks for the information and the link for the download!

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I couldn't find it anymore either. Turns out the nitro racing games I kept seeing were all other racing game titles and not asphalt. I'm on ios though so sadly I don't think I will ever get to download the backup of the game but I am picking up an android phone soon so I'll check it out then.