Asphalt 8: Airborne: Top 10 Tips and Cheats You Need to Know

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by elmarianexx, Jul 29, 2015.

1. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

1. Try to Earn Every Star on Every Stage
    The unlockable stars that are seen on every stage are used when it comes to copping new races and seasons. Stars are also good when it comes to purchasing in-game items. Every time you earn a new star, this helps unlock a one-time money bonus that can be obtained at the end of every race. Try and aim for that one-time bonus for more money by completing every race.

2. If You’re Going to Buy Anything, Buy Those Car Packs
    You might not want to spend some real world currency on this game but if you do, go ahead and purchase those car packs. Car Packs include vehicles that pertain to every car class. Try and buy any of these car packs from the onset of your time with the game. It’s better to buy a car pack with car classes you don’t have than to purchase car packs late in the game with cars you already have.

3. Explore Every Map to the Fullest

TouchArcade.com offered players some tips on the best thing to do every stage:

This is probably one of the most important tips for playing Asphalt 8. Each map has LOADS of alternate routes, shortcuts and hidden passages. Some of them are shorter, longer, and the navigation difficulty varies. In order to ensure victory, you must master these routes and find the one that best fits your driving style while still ensuring you get an edge on the competition. The best way to do that is to simply play each one again and again while taking mental notes of where paths split and where the computer likes to go.

2. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

4. Become Masterful at Drifting
    TouchArcade.com also listed a few details regarding drifting:

One of the best ways to earn a steady supply of nitro is to drift during curves. Drifting is as easy as tapping the break button, which starts the drift (a quick tap will end drift mode). While drifting, you can not only preserve speed during a curve, but you also earn nitro, which, as we mention above, is quite important.

5. Keep You Car Safe by Memorizing the Tracks
    If you’re looking to keep your rides intact, it’s best to memorize the track layouts for those more hazardous situations. Keep your eyes on the stages and you’ll come to recognize all the tracks and turns that could damage your ride.

6. What Two Upgrades Should You Purchase First?
    The upgrades you’ll need to buy first are the Handling and Top Speed features. The Handling upgrade makes it a lot easier to control your vehicle, which should also make it easier for you to weave into 1st place. The Top Speed upgrade helps push your car’s top speed to new levels. Then go ahead and go for the nitro and acceleration upgrades.

7. Save That Nitro for the Last Parts of Every Track
    It definitely sucks when you’re in the lead near the end of track when all of a sudden, you get passed by dozens of cars. The best way to combat this is by pushing your nitro to the limit. That way, you’ll keep that leader position.

3. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

8. Keep A Look on Your Opponent’s Score
    Modojo.com posted up some tips that you should clue you into how dangerous a racer is:

The higher a score an opponent has, the more likely they are to be aggressive during a race. This means ramming into you to gain the lead, and in some situations, wrecking your vehicle. Gameloft balanced the takedown feature in this mode, so you aren’t automatically destroyed when touched by a boosting vehicle. However, you can still wreck by going into the wall or traveling too far off the track. Play aggressive, and don’t be afraid to get a little dirty.

9. Go Airborne As Much As You Can
    [​IMG]

TouchTapPlay.com noted that pulling off airborne tricks helps more than you think:

This game doesn’t have “Airborne” in its title for no reason! Therefore, make sure that you do the barrel rolls and get all the air time that you can. As a tip to increase that, use the nitro right before getting on a platform for that extra speed boost.

10. Try to Pick Up Those In-Game Bonuses
    [​IMG]

You get small bonuses for performing a few tasks during a race. Make sure you check out the list below so you know what to do on the track so you pick up these bonuses:

– Take out other cars
    – Narrowly avoid colliding with other cars
    – Knock out road blocks and cones

These bonuses go towards more in-game currency, so make sure you perform these tasks as much as possible.

Source: http://heavy.com/games/2013/08/asph...-tips-cheats-ios-android-mobile-racing-games/

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Thank you for the tips. I haven't played this game in a while but those'll be helpful for those that are just starting out! :D

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'd say that all of these tips are pretty obvious to the average Asphalt 8 player.

6. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

@FuZyOn and @troutski Those tips are aimed at beginners, not experiened gamers. I think that it's a good starter for them to follow.

7. GenevB

GenevB Member

If only I knew these things last time I played Asphalt 8. However part of them I've learned myself the hard way, but I remember that I got stuck at a certain race, I got mad and uninstalled it.

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

If you're a beginner at Asphalt 8 more than a couple of races, then something's wrong because the game is incredibly simple.

9. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Too bad, why didn't you search for any guides online? You shouldn't be giving up so fastly.

10. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Hey, these are really useful, thanks a lot! I got by even without this guide, but now I'm gonna try to see exactly how much better I'll do after reading these tips.

11. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

We need some pro tips or Easter eggs. But then again the game was released two years ago.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree with the tips especially the one about alternate routes. I would disagree on trying to get airborne as often as possible as I've found it only makes you slower and I don't do it unless I need to earn boost.

13. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Well, I don't think you need cheats to play this game. Any experienced player can complete the races very easily without any cheat codes because in my opinion, it is a very easy game. Who else does not need cheat codes?

14. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

It's pretty basic as far as racing games go since it was designed with mobile devices and tablets in mind.

15. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

Hmm I never knew that being airborne was a good thing in any racing game. I know in real life it can damage your car but since this is a racing type of game no damage occurs. Thanks for tips my friend!

16. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Thanks for the wonderful tips. I loved the 7th part. It's really important to save the nitro. It's a wonderful tip.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I actually don't use airborne all that much and instead I find that you are way faster just driving on the road. The only time I ever use the ramps is when I need some boost and I'm that much ahead otherwise if there are competitors ahead of me and I use the ramps I end up way more behind.