Are you holding out for the PC version now?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by troutski, Dec 17, 2014.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's finally here on Xbox One and PS4, but I know plenty of people that are holding out for the PC version instead. Are you one of those people?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Nope, I definitely want the PS4 version, I'm just dealing with some grown up financial problems right now, so I won't be game shopping until after the new year. I fully planned on buying it this year, but it looks like I'm apartment hunting now, due to a rent increase.

3. Jafool

Jafool New Member

I have really, really considered it. I own it for the xbox 360 and it's a great game. However I love the new First person mode and I don't want to play with a controller. And I don't want to pay for Live Gold either. So MAYBE. Just maybe. I will buy it for PC.

It's gonna be expensive though.

And when the heck are they adding online heists, anybody know??

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'd have to agree that this game just fits the PC so much better than consoles, considering what you can do on a PC and what modders will be able to do. I prefer consoles to PC with most games, but Grand Theft Auto is a great PC game, when available.

5. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Yeah. With mods and such. GTA V will be amazing with it.

6. Jafool

Jafool New Member

Yeah exactly, I'm hoping for awesome mods and stuff too. But I'm concerned about the optimization and system requirements.

7. troutski

troutski Active Member

I don't know the exact system requirements, but I'm assuming they're kind of high? I know my system will run them no problem, though.

8. Jafool

Jafool New Member

Kind of high, surely, yeah. But still, I want the best version possible for PC. I have a good rig (very high end i7, 16 gig ram, GTX 760) but I can't help but worry still, haha.

9. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Honestly I really do think that the game would be really great on the PC but I think that I want to get the game more on the Xbox one or PS4 version.

10. rknocks

rknocks New Member

Yes, I just hope my PC can handle it! I'm thinking of upgrading it specifically for GTA

11. Jafool

Jafool New Member

Why? Do you mind giving like a motivation for that maybe? :)

12. Divbyxero

Divbyxero New Member

Absolutely yes! I do have an Xbox One, but my brothers primarily use it. PC is my domain, and I cannot wait to start modding GTA V! Hopefully my kinda old PC can handle it...

13. tehruler

tehruler New Member

Hell yes! I'm not going to get into to discussion about PC master race, and all that. But hopefully because of the recent delay, the game will be polished to hell, and hopefully have a fantastic release. I really hope their also adding mod support, as this would make the game fucking amazing!

14. Aakash

Aakash New Member

I bought the game on PS3 when it first came out and had a ton of fun playing through the single player campaign. When online was added, I had (and still have) a lot of fun playing with my mates. I skipped out on the PS4/Xbone version because it seemed like an unnecessary upgrade considering the pop-in and frame stutter as well as low FPS on the next gen consoles. I most likely will not be pre-ordering GTA V for the PC, but if it goes on sale on Steam for a good price, or if the modding community becomes active and cracks into the code (I don't think that Rockstar will have built-in modding support), then I might consider buying it to play it with my online friends and fool around with the mods. I just hope that it is well optimised and the delays were worth it.

15. troutski

troutski Active Member

The delay was a little disappointing, but I expect the game to be polished and nearly bug free compared to other releases. I don't think we'll be disappointed.

16. xHysteria

xHysteria New Member

I am definitely waiting for the PC version of the game; I have been waiting for ages now thinking that the game would be released on the 27th of Jan, but now it's been moved to March, so ugh. A few good games that are going to be released this year.

17. Kittyworker

Kittyworker New Member

I purchased it on PS4 because I fully expected the game to be delayed. I'm glad I did because obviously it got delayed. I intend to purchase 2 more copies of the game so I can play it with my husband, but until then I am more than happy to continue playing it on PS4.

18. kestas57

kestas57 New Member

Well I mean I don't own a console and I only play PC so yeah...I am holding out for the PC version. At one point I did think about buying a PS3 to play the game but quickly realized it was a terrible idea. Can't wait to play this game with epic graphics and all.

19. demitri

demitri Member

Yes, i am waiting for PC version as I feel comfortable to play the games on PS4. It is much comfortable to play games on PC. I never had slow speed or freezing issues on PC as i have good quality graphic card, ram and processor. It is easy to update my PC anytime anywhere.

20. clair02

clair02 New Member

To all those who did hold out for the PC version, are you glad you did and would you do it again? I might have done so in the past, but now that I no longer have to choose between the two I don't have to miss out on the fun.