Are you getting GTAV for PC?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by LGNPanda, Apr 7, 2015.

1. LGNPanda

LGNPanda New Member

I've already purchased it and I'm waiting for that preload to come out so that I can start downloading it. I'm hyped as f***, anyone else?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I have it for my PS4 and I think I'm going to get it for PC too. It would be great if I can play it on my 1000$ laptop with a somewhat decent graphics gard.
    I'm curious to see how the gameplay feels on the PC.

3. Briggs

Briggs New Member

Nah, I don't think itll be as good. The graphic wont be nearly as good, on my computer anyway.

4. LGNPanda

LGNPanda New Member

Even though I have a not so great computer, I can still run it and I'm here mainly for the online gameplay.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

I was so worried after reading your first sentence, and then the shock subsided by the second sentence. :rolleyes:

6. WeaponX

WeaponX New Member

I really want to, but my current laptop is aging pretty badly, it struggles to play newer games even on low sometimes, so I'm holding out for the moment. I'm trying to find a job and save up to build my own PC soon, setting a budget of about $1300 (AUD) and that could probably get me a decent rig with a 970 or something.

Hopefully by then the price would've dropped a bit or go on sale sometime, and then I'll be super excited. I loved GTA V on PS3, can't imagine how much better it'd be on PC with the modding community and the improvements Rockstar made. I mean, I occasionally still boot up GTA 4 to mess around and because of the LCPD:FR mod, 7 years after release!

7. LGNPanda

LGNPanda New Member

Rockstar has made it where gamers that don't have the best rig can still play GTAV at a decent frame rate. You can spend about $500 on a PC and still get about 100fps on low-medium. But when you get more money, you could upgrade that PC resulting in you still being able to play the game and enjoy the fun you're suppose to have

8. Shimus

Shimus New Member

When I get my desktop back you betcha. Infinite hours of easy online play to keep you occupied, while running over peds. With a keyboard/mouse or a controller, running over peds is the best thing GTA offers. When they thud into your car and go flying, while you chase them down and end their lives... gratifying!

Seriously though, yeah I will in time.

9. untitled

untitled New Member

It's better on the consoles I think, The keyboard and mouse layout for driving just kinda sucks. Never enjoyed the GTA's for PC although the mouse aiming for shooting is really a great change from the console. No auto-aim needed.

10. Corten

Corten Member

Definitely, as soon as I'm done with my midterms. I know that I'd fail a couple of them as soon as I lay hands on the game. It's better off this way!

11. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Member

I've been waiting far too long for GTA V on PC. Hopefully it'll run fine on an AMD R9 290 at 1440p, heh. Though, I still haven't bought the game yet... Anyone have 50$ to spare? :p

12. SlickBlasianYT

SlickBlasianYT New Member

Well my PC isn't good right now but I'm planning on getting a better PC soon so I can play it! 60FPS is the whole reason XD

13. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I don't think I will. My PC isn't quite the strongest, so I'd probably be getting less than 20 FPS on the game. Plus, if you already got it on console, what's the point of getting it on PC? Unless you want to play with others, then by all means go for it.

14. LGNPanda

LGNPanda New Member

Driving is alright but when it comes to flying jets and helicopters and what not, yeah it aint that great especially for the laptop gamers that dont have the number pad as it's essential.

15. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I already got GTA V and it's awesome. The mods are amazing too bad some mods are not available right now because of the patch. But the graphics are awesome and it doesn't lag much anymore.

16. sidney

sidney Member

My pc doesn't meet the minimum system requirements of GTA V, so I would have to pass right now and wait for my pc to be upgraded before I get to play it.

17. Aladar

Aladar New Member

I will be getting it for the PC, but once it gets heavily discounted. I already got it for the PS3, so I'm not gona pay full price for it. But yeah, I think the graphical upgrade is big enough that it's worth it.

18. MrGravyCakes

MrGravyCakes New Member

I have it and I really like it. I am getting a bit bored now though. I will tell you one thing that annoys me with the multiplayer aspect. When you go to do a Heist, it matches you with people who are also looking to do a Heist. If one person leaves then everyone fails. If one person goes AFK then you can't really do it and if someone doesn't know how to fly and they have a pilot role...you can't do it. The checkpoints are also very bad, there are not enough and if you die when you are near the end, doing it over again is very annoying.

19. Aladar

Aladar New Member

Wait, so if one person out of the 5-10 or whatever (I haven't played online yet, heh) disconnects, you all go down? Who thought that's a good idea... :/

20. Arvis

Arvis Member

I already have it for PC but I have to wait until Steam sales comes, so my friends can play with me too.
    I'm very happy with the optimization because GTA V runs on high frames per second than GTA IV for me. :D